AMERICA/HONDURAS - "The country needs to change, do not choose the corrupt" urges Cardinal Maradiaga
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa, has invited Hondurans to vote the citizens who have the necessary skills to run the government in the coming elections,. The Cardinal insisted on the concept that to change the country the best citizens have to be elected and certainly not the politicians who have been marked by corruption. "Honduras needs to change," said the Cardinal in his homily on Sunday, October 7 during the Mass celebrated in the Cathedral. The Archbishop of Tegucigalpa called politicians to make an examination of conscience and reminded everyone that "the country lives in a society that has turned its back on God and only goes in search of money at all costs, even the money from corruption, drug trafficking and political corruption."
The local press has spoken in these days of the existence of "narcoplanillas", ie a list of salaried politicians by drug trafficking, just as the country is going through the campaign. In Honduras, in fact, the primary election will be held on November 18. 3 parties will participate that will choose their candidates for the regional elections and presidential elections to be held in 2013. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/10/2012)
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"
- 2015-01-15 - Over 3000 child beggars on the streets of big cities
- 2014-12-29 - Violence continues to affect mainly children and adolescents
- 2014-11-27 - Violence against women decreases, but there is still an impressive number of cases
- 2014-10-23 - A new location of the detention center in San Pedro Sula for the sake of prisoners
- 2014-10-22 - The right to food for 700,000 people suffering hunger: it is not food that is lacking, but justice
- 2014-10-13 - "Caminando con amor": 5,000 pairs of shoes have been distributed for children at risk
- 2014-08-19 - The church calls on the authorities to change the situation in prisons
- 2014-07-23 - The Bishop of Choluteca: 5000 people are forced to put their lives at risk in mines every day