AMERICA/HONDURAS - "The country needs to change, do not choose the corrupt" urges Cardinal Maradiaga
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa, has invited Hondurans to vote the citizens who have the necessary skills to run the government in the coming elections,. The Cardinal insisted on the concept that to change the country the best citizens have to be elected and certainly not the politicians who have been marked by corruption. "Honduras needs to change," said the Cardinal in his homily on Sunday, October 7 during the Mass celebrated in the Cathedral. The Archbishop of Tegucigalpa called politicians to make an examination of conscience and reminded everyone that "the country lives in a society that has turned its back on God and only goes in search of money at all costs, even the money from corruption, drug trafficking and political corruption."
The local press has spoken in these days of the existence of "narcoplanillas", ie a list of salaried politicians by drug trafficking, just as the country is going through the campaign. In Honduras, in fact, the primary election will be held on November 18. 3 parties will participate that will choose their candidates for the regional elections and presidential elections to be held in 2013. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/10/2012)
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"