EUROPE/ITALY - A conference on St. Massimiliano M. Kolbe, a precursor of the new evangelization
Rome (Agenzia Fides) – From 8 to 10 October, the Franciscans of the Immaculate have organized, at the International College of the Holy Land in Rome, a Conference of studies on St. Massimiliano M. Kolbe on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of his canonization. After 50 years since the Second Vatican Council and the beginning of the Synod of Bishops, one will be able to find in St. Massimiliano a true precursor of the much-desired new evangelization through modern means of mass communication. Father Kolbe was also a "missionary ad gentes" for his six-year stay in Nagasaki where he dealt with the publication of formative magazines for Christians and proposals for non-Christians. There were many conversions and vocations.
On the eve of the Year of Faith, Father Kolbe’s method of evangelization will be able to offer important insights for a practical application in today's world. The Holy Immaculate, Master-martyr of faith and charity, could be identified as a key witness of the special Year that the Church is getting ready to live. The study days will begin with Holy Mass presided over by His Exc. Mgr. Gino Reali Bishop of Porto and Santa Rufina, while His Exc. Mgr. Adriano Bernardini, Apostolic Nuncio in Italy, will preside over the closing Eucharistic celebration. (LM) (Agenzia Fides (08/10/2012)
- 2014-03-07 EUROPE/ITALY - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 EUROPE/ITALY - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 EUROPE/ITALY - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 EUROPE/ITALY - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 EUROPE/ITALY - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 EUROPE/ITALY - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 EUROPE/ITALY - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages
- 2013-11-20 EUROPE/ITALY - International Children’s day and the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children, and Youth in the World
- 2013-11-15 EUROPE/ITALY - Two centuries after the Reconstitution of the Society, the Jesuits look at the universal mission