EUROPE/ITALY - A conference on St. Massimiliano M. Kolbe, a precursor of the new evangelization
Rome (Agenzia Fides) – From 8 to 10 October, the Franciscans of the Immaculate have organized, at the International College of the Holy Land in Rome, a Conference of studies on St. Massimiliano M. Kolbe on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of his canonization. After 50 years since the Second Vatican Council and the beginning of the Synod of Bishops, one will be able to find in St. Massimiliano a true precursor of the much-desired new evangelization through modern means of mass communication. Father Kolbe was also a "missionary ad gentes" for his six-year stay in Nagasaki where he dealt with the publication of formative magazines for Christians and proposals for non-Christians. There were many conversions and vocations.
On the eve of the Year of Faith, Father Kolbe’s method of evangelization will be able to offer important insights for a practical application in today's world. The Holy Immaculate, Master-martyr of faith and charity, could be identified as a key witness of the special Year that the Church is getting ready to live. The study days will begin with Holy Mass presided over by His Exc. Mgr. Gino Reali Bishop of Porto and Santa Rufina, while His Exc. Mgr. Adriano Bernardini, Apostolic Nuncio in Italy, will preside over the closing Eucharistic celebration. (LM) (Agenzia Fides (08/10/2012)
- 2014-09-08 - Middle East education emergency: school year at risk for millions of students
- 2014-07-16 - Twelve hours of continuous prayer for peace in the Holy Land
- 2014-07-11 - Bicycles to reach blind children in remote areas of Africa
- 2014-06-28 - A "social audio book" in defense of the Africans with albinism, the last of the last
- 2014-05-23 - EUROPE/ITALY – Beatification of Mario Vergara, PIME martyr and Isidoro Ngei Ko Lat, first Burmese Blessed
- 2014-04-24 - Four young people at the service of the last will talk about their experience on the web
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"