AMERICA/MEXICO - Haiti thanks Caritas Mexico, which has never stopped bringing aid since the 2010 earthquake
Port au Prince (Agenzia Fides) – His Exc. Mgr. Pierre Dumas, Bishop of Anse-à-Veau et Miragoane, as President of Caritas Haiti, said: "We would like to thank the Mexican Episcopal Conference, that after the earthquake has continued to help our country, the Church of Haiti and the most vulnerable. In this sense, we can say that there really is a fraternal relationship between Mexico and Haiti, between the Church of Mexico and the Church of Haiti, thanks to the direct involvement of Bishops and Cardinals of Mexico. "
The note sent to Fides Agency by the Archdiocese of Mexico City recalls that the occasion of such ruling was given by the presentation, to Haiti, of the "Strategic Plan Caritas Haiti 2012-2017 ", in the presence of Caritas delegates from different countries of America, Bishops and laity, who recognized the spirit of brotherhood, perseverance and dedication of Caritas Mexico, after the earthquake in January 2010 "that has never left people alone in disgrace." "Today there are about 12 Caritas, including that of Mexico, which continues to have a physical presence in Haiti. Mexico should be proud of its ability to respond immediately to a brother country. Caritas Mexico has had a prominent role, "said Francisco Hernandez Rojas, regional coordinator of Caritas in Latin America and the Caribbean, which includes 22 organizations. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/10/2012)
- 2013-06-17 AMERICA/MEXICO - "To burn people alive, film them and then sell the video is the sign of ethical decline"
- 2013-06-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - The disarmament campaign continues with the help of the Church: More than 5000 weapons recovered
- 2013-06-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Filing immigrants is a shame", denounces Fr. Solalinde
- 2013-06-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - "One cannot live in fear": the Bishops of Michoacan ask for everyone’s commitment
- 2013-06-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - Prayers for the truce between Honduran gangs in Mexico
- 2013-06-03 AMERICA/MEXICO - 2 migrants who had denounced extortion have been killed, the Church asks for protection
- 2013-05-22 AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of child labor increases in Yucatan
- 2013-05-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - "There is less violence, but there are still no social programs," said Mgr. Gallardo
- 2013-05-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - 18,000 street children exploited and at risk of physical, psychological and sexual violence
- 2013-05-16 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty and unemployment for about 13 million women