AMERICA/CHILE - During the missionary month Chile also lives the "Mission youth"
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - Chile lives the missionary month of October this year in a particularly intense way for the development of the "Mission youth." "We want to live it by enriching our faith and expressing our hope and charity, because it is the love of Christ that fills our hearts and impels us to evangelize. Today as in the past, He sends us to walk the streets of the world to proclaim his Gospel to all peoples of the earth (cf. Mt 28: 19) ": this is the invitation of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Chile.
The note sent to Fides Agency continues: "In this missionary month, the slogan that accompanies us reminds us that faith is strengthened by giving it. In addition, this year, the month of October is characterized by the beginning of the Year of Faith, which is an invitation to remember that faith grows when it is lived as an experience of a love that is received and is communicated as an experience of grace and joy."
"The key moment will be the celebration of Universal World Mission Sunday of Missions, on October 21 - the statement continues - in which we will join in a special prayer, but also in a concrete gesture of charity. The collection of this day, in all our churches and chapels will be completely destined to the missionary work of the Church throughout the world. It is faith transformed into charity that helps the Pontifical Mission Societies, the Instrument for the cooperation in the universal mission of the Church in the world, to continue to support the proclamation of the Gospel through numerous aid projects for others, justice for the poor, opportunities for education and medical care in remote areas, trying to fight against poverty, for the rehabilitation of the marginalized and to support the development of peoples." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/10/2012)
- 2013-05-18 AMERICA/CHILE - "Candidates need to impress people with a real project," said the Bishop of Rancagua
- 2013-04-30 AMERICA/CHILE - Family, education, entrepreneurship: Pastoral Letter to the Chilean politicians in view of the presidential elections
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/CHILE - "Family, public education and well-paid job," the concern of the Church
- 2013-04-05 AMERICA/CHILE - Less Catholics in the country, "a fact that cannot leave us indifferent," says the Church
- 2013-03-07 AMERICA/CHILE - Education should become a benefit for everyone is what the Bishop of Rancagua hopes
- 2013-02-26 AMERICA/CHILE - The Community of Santiago greets the first missionary of St. Colombano in Chile
- 2013-01-24 AMERICA/CHILE - "From the heart of Aparecida, to live as missionary disciples": a thousand young people at the First National Congress of Catholic youth
- 2013-01-18 AMERICA/CHILE - "A Problem that affects everyone": meeting of the Justice and Peace Commission for the Mapuche conflict
- 2013-01-10 AMERICA/CHILE - "The situation of indigenous peoples requires the remedy of centuries of marginalization and injustice": Bishops on Mapuche
- 2013-01-09 AMERICA/CHILE - For the Jesuits in the Mapuche Mission "we must resolve long-standing problems for lasting peace"