AMERICA/MEXICO - We start from culture to build "Dialogue for Peace"
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - Father Mario Ángel Flores Ramos, Rector of the Pontifical University of Mexico, announced the meeting of different intellectuals, religious and professors in the country, with the aim of promoting a "Dialogue for Peace." According to information sent to Fides Agency, the initiative comes from the Mexican Episcopal Conference, conscious of being responsible for the development in the cultural, social, economic and political development of the country.
"We have not invited politicians to this first meeting - however if they wish to participate they are invited to listen, - as we thought we would invite them later," said Father Flores.
The Bishop of San Cristobal de las Casas, His Exc. Mgr. Felipe Arizmendi Esquivel, will officially open the event on October 3. The Bishop has anticipated that "faith is no stranger to the world of culture, science, politics and economy, as it has much to offer."
"We need new strategies, new actions, but above all the consolidation of a culture that is based on universal principles, such as respect and promotion of the dignity of every human being and of course, a more human development model " said the Rector of the University illustrating the need for a Dialogue for Peace. Father Flores also said that "families, trade unions, religions and political parties need to listen to each other, and this is part of the objectives of the meeting to be held on October 3 and 4 at the Centro Cultural Universitario. For two days we will discuss four main themes: pain and suffering of a nation; dialogue that reconciles us; strategies for reconstruction, hopes for the future. The signing of an agreement at the end of the meeting has not been programmed, but only the publication of interventions and comments. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 01/10/2012)
- 2013-05-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - "There is less violence, but there are still no social programs," said Mgr. Gallardo
- 2013-05-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - 18,000 street children exploited and at risk of physical, psychological and sexual violence
- 2013-05-16 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty and unemployment for about 13 million women
- 2013-05-14 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Do not use the church for political interests," warns the Bishop of Veracruz
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/MEXICO – Bishop’s appeal for dialogue in order to resolve the teachers’ strike
- 2013-05-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - Today the funeral of the 24 who died in the fire, Pope Francis united in prayer for the tragedy
- 2013-05-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - Persecution against migrants increases, Mgr. Arizmendi’s complaint
- 2013-05-02 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty is treated with a supportive economy
- 2013-04-30 AMERICA/MEXICO - Four priests lose their lives in a tragic accident
- 2013-04-26 AMERICA/MEXICO - Drug addiction, HIV, salmonella, tuberculosis: street children’s health at risk