ASIA/CHINA - The Pastoral Letters of three Bishops for the Year of Faith have been published
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - There are several diocesan Bishops in mainland China who have published their Pastoral Letter for the Year of Faith. Three of them published them on the feast of St. Matthew the Apostle, on September 21, to "answer Pope Benedict XVI’s appeal for the Year of Faith."
Msg. Gan Jun Ren, Bishop of the Diocese of Guang Zhou, in his Letter confirms the commitment of the Church "to lead the faithful in the Year of Faith seeking the truth, in order to be valid witnesses of the Risen Christ." "Faith is like a relay race that we have taken from our ancestors in faith, and we have a duty to pass it on, in an accurate and fast manner... Therefore all brothers and sisters should follow the the Pope’s teaching". In this path the Bishop invokes the intercession of Mary, Star of Evangelization.
"My Lord and my God" (Jn 20, 28) is the title of Mgr. Silvester Lee’s Letter, Bishop of the Diocese of Tai Yuan, and his Coadjutor, Mgr. Paulus Meng, outlining the purpose of the Year of the Faith; the manifestation of faith; Revelation and transmission of Revelation; the role of the Church in Revelation; faith in the lives of the faithful; the impact of the modern world on faith; the appeal of the Church in the Year of Faith. Moreover they present the program of the diocese to live the Year of Faith: the solemn opening, in conjunction with the universal Church, on October 13, in the Cathedral, "to reconfirm our faith"; seminars on issues of faith; the study in the parish of the Pope’s teaching and the Magisterium; the public worship of leading the faithful to encounter Jesus made flesh in the Eucharist; summer camps and other initiatives aimed at young people on the theme of "faith and vocation"; the formation of pastoral workers. In the Letter the two Pastors invite the faithful to rediscover faith and to choose again in their lives to follow Jesus.
"Do not be afraid, just have faith!" Is the theme chosen by the Bishop of Xuan Hua, who points out in his Letter the importance of the Eucharist and the Rosary to live the Year of Faith well. He writes: "In spite of external causes that prevent the Pastor of the Diocese to be with his flock, his paternal heart is always with you, prays for you and offers the sacrifice for you. He urges you to live the Year of Faith well." The Bishop also indicated the Virgin Mary as the perfect example of a life of faith for his followers. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 01/10/2012)
- 2013-05-02 ASIA/CHINA - DEEPEST CONDOLENCES FROM MGR. SAVIO HON TAI FAI FOR THE DEATH OF BISHOP JIN
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/CHINA - "Lightning of the East" in the sky of the Chinese Christians
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/CHINA - The death of Mgr.Thomas Qian Yurong. A man of simple faith
- 2013-03-15 ASIA/CHINA - "Pope Francis, we are looking forward to having you in China": Chinese Catholics welcome Pope Francis with great enthusiasm and happiness
- 2013-03-13 ASIA/CHINA - The old restored church in the city of Hai Kou of the Diocese of Hai Nan consecrated and opened
- 2013-03-07 ASIA/CHINA – Itinerant priest in remote communities
- 2013-03-04 ASIA/CHINA - With faith and the Word of God, the Diocese of Bao Ding lives Lent in the Year of Faith
- 2013-02-28 ASIA/CHINA - Over two thousand faithful at the Lectio Divina
- 2013-02-25 ASIA/CHINA - Mainland Catholic community walks intensely spiritual path marked by faith and evangelisation
- 2013-02-22 ASIA/CHINA - Death of a Bishop loved for his understanding of young people