ASIA/SYRIA - Thousands of children cannot go back to school
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - In Syria, the school year is expected to begin this week, but the reality of the civil war that the country is going through does not allow thousands of children to attend classes. More than 2000 of the 22,000 schools in the country have been damaged or destroyed. Meanwhile, the Lebanese government is working to seek accommodation in public schools for 32 thousand refugee children. In the Zaatari camp, in Jordan, UNICEF is committed to building a school for over 5000 students. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 20/09/2012)
- 2013-12-11 ASIA/SYRIA - Archbishop Hindo: inciting Christians to take up arms is "insane"
- 2013-12-09 ASIA/SYRIA - The monastic Community in Deir Mar Musa works for reconciliation
- 2013-12-07 ASIA/SYRIA - The nuns of Maalula, the Lebanese security chief in Qatar to try and find a solution
- 2013-12-05 ASIA/SYRIA - Conflicting statements on the issue of the Sisters of Maalula
- 2013-12-03 ASIA/SYRIA - Patriarch Gregory III: "True martyrs in Maalula"
- 2013-12-02 ASIA/SYRIA - Maalula again occupied by the rebels
- 2013-11-28 ASIA/SYRIA - A parish priest: "The exodus of civil Christians from Qara, invaded by foreign jihadists"
- 2013-11-27 ASIA/SYRIA - Pax Christi International: Europe must not close its doors to Syrian refugees
- 2013-11-25 ASIA/SYRIA - The village of Deir Atieh invaded by Islamists: Christians identified and detained
- 2013-11-23 ASIA/SYRIA - Birth of the Islamic Front. Patriarch Gregorios III: they certainly do not fight for democracy