ASIA/SYRIA - Thousands of children cannot go back to school
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - In Syria, the school year is expected to begin this week, but the reality of the civil war that the country is going through does not allow thousands of children to attend classes. More than 2000 of the 22,000 schools in the country have been damaged or destroyed. Meanwhile, the Lebanese government is working to seek accommodation in public schools for 32 thousand refugee children. In the Zaatari camp, in Jordan, UNICEF is committed to building a school for over 5000 students. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 20/09/2012)
- 2014-12-05 - Melkite Patriarch Grégoire III: al Azhar Conference “fundamental event”. Islamist ideology harms both Christians and Muslims
- 2014-12-01 - Civil war is causing the loss of a generation of children
- 2014-11-15 - 25 Christian families still in Raqqa. Obligation to pay a "protection tax"
- 2014-11-14 - Archbishop Hindo: if the US attack the Syrian army, we will have a second Libya
- 2014-11-12 - Negotiations for a truce in Aleppo. Bishop Abou Khazen: it is only useful if it brings us closer to true peace
- 2014-10-30 - The Catholic Syrian Bishops: if the world wants to help us, stop sending us weapons!
- 2014-10-13 - The five Christians of the Orontes Valley, who were still being held by jihadists, have been released
- 2014-10-10 - Five Christians of the Orontes Valley still held by Islamic jihadists
- 2014-10-09 - Father Jallouf Hanna has been released
- 2014-10-09 - ASIA/SYRIA – The four women abducted along with Father Hanna have been released; no message from the kidnappers