ASIA/SYRIA - Thousands of children cannot go back to school
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - In Syria, the school year is expected to begin this week, but the reality of the civil war that the country is going through does not allow thousands of children to attend classes. More than 2000 of the 22,000 schools in the country have been damaged or destroyed. Meanwhile, the Lebanese government is working to seek accommodation in public schools for 32 thousand refugee children. In the Zaatari camp, in Jordan, UNICEF is committed to building a school for over 5000 students. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 20/09/2012)
- 2015-05-22 - ASIA/SYRIA – Fr. Jacques Murad kidnapped; he belonged to the same community of Father Paolo Dall'Oglio
- 2015-05-13 - Raid of the coalition in the Khabur valley; Assyrian hostages are likely to become "human shields"
- 2015-05-08 - Chaldean Bishop of Aleppo: in dirty wars in the Middle East there are those who exploit the suffering of Christians
- 2015-04-30 - Archbishop Hindo: "jihadi attack warded off in Hassaké. Deadlock in negotiations for the release of Assyrian hostages"
- 2015-04-17 - Christian Cemeteries vandalized in Mosul and in Galilee
- 2015-04-17 - The Syrian government dedicates a garden to the Martyrs of the Assyrian Genocide in the center of Damascus
- 2015-04-15 - The Heads of the Christian communities in Aleppo: is it the time of the Resurrection of the Savior or the funeral of his disciples?
- 2015-04-14 - Bombings on Christian neighborhoods in Aleppo, also two young Salesian animators killed
- 2015-04-09 - Caritas operator dies in the bombing in Aleppo
- 2015-04-01 - Idlib in the hands of jihadists. Orthodox priest kidnapped