ASIA/SYRIA - Thousands of children cannot go back to school
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - In Syria, the school year is expected to begin this week, but the reality of the civil war that the country is going through does not allow thousands of children to attend classes. More than 2000 of the 22,000 schools in the country have been damaged or destroyed. Meanwhile, the Lebanese government is working to seek accommodation in public schools for 32 thousand refugee children. In the Zaatari camp, in Jordan, UNICEF is committed to building a school for over 5000 students. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 20/09/2012)
- 2015-11-18 - Assad: "Putin is the only defender of Christian civilization"
- 2015-11-17 - Pax Christi: need to put an end to the support to jihadist groups
- 2015-11-11 - Assyrian associations denounce the violence and abuse of Kurdish forces
- 2015-11-07 - The jihadist Islamic State release 37 other Assyrian hostages of the valley of Khabur
- 2015-10-28 - Russian delegation meets representatives of Churches and religious communities
- 2015-10-27 - Father Murad speaks of his captivity
- 2015-10-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – A shell hits Latin Church in Aleppo during the celebration of Mass. Bishop Abou Khazen: it could have been a massacre
- 2015-10-26 - violence and human rights: lessons in peace building in war zones.
- 2015-10-23 - Christians in Hassakè denounce attempts to expropriate properties of emigrants
- 2015-10-20 - Offensive in Aleppo. Archbishop Marayati: we pay the price of the 'Holy Wars' carried out by others