AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Meeting of the Pastoral Care of indigenous peoples: the Pope calls for "special attention in the process of evangelization"
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The National Meeting of the priests, religious and indigenous catechists of Colombia is in progress, from 18 to 20 September, to reflect on the issues that should be at the center of the Church's pastoral care and of pastoral indigenous communities. The meeting, held in Bogota, is organized by the Commission for Missionary Animation of the Pastoral Centre for the Evangelization of Faith of the Catholic Episcopal Conference of Colombia.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, Mgr. Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, Archbishop of Tunja and Chairman of the Committee for Missions and Pastoral Centre for the Evangelization of faith of the Colombian Episcopal Conference; Sister Hilda Camargo, provincial Superior of the Lauritas Province of Bogotá; Father Ezio Roattino, missionary of the Consolata (IMC) will all guide the reflection.
Among the topics that will be discussed during the meeting: the seeds of the Word in cultures; the centenary of St. Pius X Encyclical "Lacrimabili statu Indorum"; multiculturalism and evangelization.
The Apostolic Nuncio in Colombia, Archbishop Aldo Cavalli, during the opening of the meeting gave participants Pope Benedict XVI’s Letter entitled "On the status of indigenous Peoples in Colombia" ("Sobre el Estado de los Pueblos Indígenas en Colombia") , addressed to the Pastors and Catholic Colombian faithful. In view of the letter to be made public, it was anticipated that the Holy Father asks special attention in the process of evangelization of the indigenous peoples of Colombia. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/09/2012)
- 2013-05-20 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Walking towards justice and peace," Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- 2013-05-13 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Even indigenous groups celebrated the first holy Colombian
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The first Holy Colombian: "Mother Laura is not a utopia, but a concrete program"
- 2013-05-08 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The funeral of the priest killed will be celebrated today, the Bishop denounces the widespread violence in the country
- 2013-05-07 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Another priest killed
- 2013-05-07 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - A sad record to abolish: 5 million internally displaced persons
- 2013-05-02 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Every hour 2 children suffer abuse in Bogota
- 2013-04-13 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Diocese threatened by armed group
- 2013-04-08 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The Church calls for respect in political dialogue
- 2013-03-23 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Truce of God for Holy Week, a call for peace with small gestures