ASIA/CHINA - The continental Major Seminaries welcome 80 new seminarians and 213 religious women engaged in formation courses
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - Nine Chinese continental Major Seminaries opened the new school year in the month of September, as every year, except that of the Diocese of Shang Hai, the Seminary of She Shan. According to information provided to Fides by Faith Institute for Cultural Studies FICS, there are 80 new seminarians (one more than last year) who will begin the long journey of vocational formation that will last seven years. As always, the Seminar of He Bei always counts the highest number of entries: 26 new seminarians this year. In addition, 13 new seminarians for the National Seminar and for that of Shen Yang; 12 for those of Ji Lin and Shaan Xi; 2 for that of Beijing and Si Chuan. The Seminars of San Xi and Zhong Nan have no new seminarians for this year. In total there are now 486 seminarians preparing for priesthood in 9 seminars.
In June 52 seminarians who graduated completed their period of formation: 20 belonging to the seminar of He Bei, 16 to that of Shan Xi, 11 to the National and Shaan Xi; 5 in Ji Lin.
According to the deputy director of the Faith Institute for Cultural Studies FICS, thanks to a greater awareness of the importance of formation, particular need in China, almost all the seminars have opened their doors to religious women, organizing courses in theology, pastoral care, catechesis, for them. Also according to the statistics of the Institute, there are currently 213 nuns studying in Seminaries (especially those of Shan Xi, Shen Yang, He Bei and Shaan Xi, which was the first to welcome the sisters), almost half of them attend the Major Seminary of Shaan Xi, which includes 102 religious women students. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 19/09/2012)
- 2013-05-02 ASIA/CHINA - DEEPEST CONDOLENCES FROM MGR. SAVIO HON TAI FAI FOR THE DEATH OF BISHOP JIN
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/CHINA - "Lightning of the East" in the sky of the Chinese Christians
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/CHINA - The death of Mgr.Thomas Qian Yurong. A man of simple faith
- 2013-03-15 ASIA/CHINA - "Pope Francis, we are looking forward to having you in China": Chinese Catholics welcome Pope Francis with great enthusiasm and happiness
- 2013-03-13 ASIA/CHINA - The old restored church in the city of Hai Kou of the Diocese of Hai Nan consecrated and opened
- 2013-03-07 ASIA/CHINA – Itinerant priest in remote communities
- 2013-03-04 ASIA/CHINA - With faith and the Word of God, the Diocese of Bao Ding lives Lent in the Year of Faith
- 2013-02-28 ASIA/CHINA - Over two thousand faithful at the Lectio Divina
- 2013-02-25 ASIA/CHINA - Mainland Catholic community walks intensely spiritual path marked by faith and evangelisation
- 2013-02-22 ASIA/CHINA - Death of a Bishop loved for his understanding of young people