AMERICA/ECUADOR - "No to hazardous child labor" children claim their rights through the streets of the city
Guayaquil (Agenzia Fides) - The program for the eradication of child labor in the markets of the province of Guayas was re-launched to the rhythm of the mapalé dance, the marimba, Amorfini and folklore songs. Accompanied by mothers and staff of the Ministry for Economic and Social Inclusion (Mies), 250 students, many of them rescued from child labor, are launching the campaign "No to child labor at risk" through the streets of the city of Guayaquil, claiming their rights and showing posters with "a child who works is a child with no rights, my job is to learn not to work, I have the right to study" written on them. Among music, dancing and traditional games, the provincial director of the Mies-Infa, informed of the existence of five support organizations, 78 technicians present throughout the province, and 948 promoters for the protection of children's rights. Since 2007, the organization had begun to work on a basis of 17% of boys, girls and adolescent workers. Today, in the province of Guayas they have been able to redeem 647 children from the streets and landfills, who have been included in the educational system, while their families have been integrated within the popular and solidarity economy. Objective of the National Government is to eradicate child labor in the country by 2015. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/09/2012)
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The first Holy Colombian, big feast also in the Ande of Ecuador
- 2013-04-27 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Clashes amaong Indians and exploitation of the earth: for the Bishops it is "a conflict due to indifference"
- 2013-04-27 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The Church defends the Amazon environment, threatened by the interests of market
- 2013-04-09 AMERICA/ECUADOR - "A provocation to divide the community," the Archbishop denounces the protests of Evangelicals
- 2013-01-15 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The Bishops for the presidential elections, "the Christian should not adhere to ideological systems that oppose to the faith he professes"
- 2012-12-17 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The phenomenon of child labor spreads: in the streets, factories, fields
- 2012-11-16 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Controversy over a provision that hurts the religious sensibility of the sick
- 2012-11-12 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Assembly of the Missionaries: to strengthen faith for the Permanent Mission and contribute to a New Evangelization.
- 2012-10-31 AMERICA/ECUADOR - "Close stories to be listened far away": contest to promote radio stations
- 2012-10-26 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Ecuador in celebration for the beatification of the Missionary Sister, Mary Troncatti