AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "The Church cannot ignore the field of human rights": three important events in the Bolivarian countries
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - This week, La Paz has become the home of three events organized by Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean. In the first case it is a meeting, with the participation of representatives of Caritas Bolivarian countries, to examine what affects the work of Caritas in the promotion and defense of human rights. This event, which takes place from September 10 to 16 at the headquarters of Pastoral Caritas Boliviana in La Paz, sees the participation of Mgr. José Luis Azuaje Ayala, President of the Latin American and Caribbean Secretariat for Pastoral Social Caritas, several experts in the field, as well as directors of Caritas in five Bolivarian countries (Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia).
In a second meeting, on September 13, the Bishops Presidents and Directors of the Pastoral Social Caritas of the five countries will meet to discuss and define the institutional agenda of the Bolivarian area.
For the weekend (from Friday 14th to Sunday, September 16) a regional meeting on human rights involving experts and leaders of institutes for the promotion of human rights, and representatives of the Department of Justice and Solidarity of CELAM will take place.
From the note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference of Bolivia, we learn that Juan Carlos Velasquez, Executive Secretary of Caritas Boliviana, recalled that the foundation of the love of God is the human person, created in His image and likeness, and clearly this reality involves human dignity. "The Church cannot ignore the field of human rights, because it is linked to the recognition of the centrality of human dignity," the statement concludes. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/09/2012)
- 2013-04-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Theft in the churches: Cardinal Terrazas responds to Morales
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - A happy world for street children
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Church in the TIPNIS, "a missionary presence committed to human promotion"
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Domestic violence for almost 83% of children in the country
- 2013-04-11 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "A missionary Church always communicates the truth": 95th Assembly of Bishops
- 2013-01-18 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The first indigenous Bishop consecrated in Santa Cruz: a man born, raised and formed in this land
- 2013-01-09 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Clarification on the properties of the Apostolic Vicariate of Beni in TIPNIS
- 2012-12-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Irregularities in the consultation of the Tipnis have been found
- 2012-11-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Even the Catholic Church in the Inter-institutional Committee to prepare a report on the TIPNIS
- 2012-11-27 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Malnutrition and lack of health care and hygiene for children who live with their parents in prisons