VATICAN - Pope's new appeal for Lebanon and the Middle East: "Let us ask God to give this region of the world its longed-for peace"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On the eve of his departure for Lebanon, the Holy Father Benedict XVI launched a new appeal for peace in this country and the Middle East, at the end of the general audience on Wednesday, September 12, held at the Paul VI Hall at the Vatican. These are the Pope’s words: "Dear pilgrims, at this hour in two days’ time, I will be on a plane bound for Lebanon. I rejoice at this apostolic trip. It will enable me to meet many members of the Lebanese society: the civil and ecclesiastical authorities, Catholic faithful of various rites and other Christians, the Muslims and Druze of this region. I thank the Lord for this rich variety, which will be able to continue only if people live in permanent peace and reconciliation. For this reason, I exhort all Christians of the Middle East, both those born there and the newly arrived, to be builders of peace and architects of reconciliation. Let us pray to God that He may fortify the faith of Christians in Lebanon and the Middle East, and fill them with hope. I thank God for their presence and call upon the entire Church to show solidarity, that they may continue to bear witness to Christ in those blessed lands, seeking communion in unity. I thank God for all the individuals and institutions that, in many ways, help them to do so. The history of the Middle East teaches us the important and sometimes primordial role, played by the various Christian communities in inter-religious and inter-cultural dialogue. Let us ask God to give that region of the world its longed-for peace, and respect for legitimate differences. May God bless Lebanon and the Middle East! May God bless you." (SL) (Agenzia Fides 13/09/2012)
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - "The PMS, concrete sign for the special attention to the young Churches," Cardinal Filoni at the audience with Pope Francis
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - The Holy Father's Speech addressed to the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-14 VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
- 2013-05-13 VATICAN - "It is necessary to review the methods of evangelization": Cardinal Filoni at the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-08 VATICAN - Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies, from May 13 to 18
- 2013-04-22 VATICAN - "Finding the right and peaceful paths to overcome the crisis," Pope's appeal for Venezuela
- 2013-04-18 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni: dialogue between religions in Asia "for the common good"
- 2013-04-17 VATICAN - Pope Francis: to evangelize, baptism is enough
- 2013-04-15 VATICAN - Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, societies and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity
- 2013-04-10 VATICAN CITY - Cardinal Filoni at the Feast of the Pontifical Urban University: to proclaim Christ in the suburbs of humanity