ASIA/TAIWAN - The mission of Catholic universities in South-East Asia and the Far East: "to lead people to get to know Jesus."
Tai Pei (Agenzia Fides) - "Contribution by Catholic Higher Education to Sustainable Development in Modern World: From Service Learning to Social Enterpreneurship" was the theme of the 20th Annual Conference of The Association of Southeast and East Asian Catholic Colleges and Universities - ASEACCU, held from August 23 to 26 in Wenzao Ursuline College of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung, Taiwan. According to information sent to Fides Agency, 150 students and teachers from 44 Catholic universities from 9 countries and regions took part in the meeting, which was organized a part reserved for students and the other for teachers. It is the first time that such a meeting took place in the diocese of Kao Hsiung, and it is the third time for Taiwan. His Exc. Mgr. Peter Liu, archbishop of the diocese, presided at the solemn opening Mass; Monsignor Paul Russell, in charge of the affairs of the Holy See, delivered the Holy See’s greeting to the participants, encouraging the highest awareness of the mission of Catholic universities, "so that they assume the mission to lead people to get to know Jesus."
The Association of Southeast and East Asian Catholic Colleges and Universities (ASEACCU) is a regional organization that welcomes Catholic universities in South-east Asia and the Far East in order to promote Catholic education of the highest quality, helping to support the local Church. In addition, the Association also promotes international dialogue with the world of education with seminars, conferences, lectures, workshops for students and teachers ... Today the Association is composed of 70 Institutes or Catholic Universities in South-East Asia and the Far East that in their annual appointment discuss issues strictly related to Catholic education. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 10/09/2012)
- 2013-04-18 ASIA/TAIWAN - The local Church wonders about faith and evangelization
- 2013-03-11 ASIA/TAIWAN - The Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese of Tai Chung accompanies the young people’s spiritual journey of Lent
- 2013-03-01 ASIA/TAIWAN - Faith, Creed and Evangelization: theme of fraternity and communion of priests, men and women religious and consecrated laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-02-13 ASIA/TAIWAN - The National Council of Churches promotes campaigns to raise awareness in society
- 2013-01-31 ASIA/TAIWAN - "A hot winter" Chinese New Year full of love also for the most vulnerable
- 2013-01-24 ASIA/TAIWAN - Missionary mandate to the new members of the Apostolate of the Laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-01-22 ASIA/TAIWAN - The Bishops of Taiwan practice the use of the mass media and public relations management
- 2013-01-17 ASIA/TAIWAN - "The greatest gift of the Year of Faith": three Vietnamese deacons of the Chinese Congregation of the Little Brothers of St. John the Baptist have been ordained
- 2013-01-10 ASIA/TAIWAN - Commitment of the Regional Episcopal Conference for the formation of priests and seminarians of the continent and for the Year of Faith
- 2012-12-21 ASIA/TAIWAN - A film on the Jesuit Giuseppe Castiglione, a painter at the court of the Chinese emperor