AMERICA/MEXICO - "With faith in communion we participate in the Mission": meeting of the Missionary Union of the Sick
Tampico (Agenzia Fides) - From 13 to 16 September 2012, the Mexican Diocese of Tampico will host the XVI National Meeting of the UEM (Union Enfermos Misionarios). According to the statement sent to Fides Agency, the main purpose is to manifest faith through an encounter with Christ, who lives in the sick, the elderly and people with different capacities, in order to express the liberating grace of God that is beyond disease and pain, and that leads to the fullness of the Kingdom of God.
Under the slogan "With faith in communion we participate in the Mission", the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Mexico have invited to be present in Tampico, however for those who physically cannot attend the meeting, the same PMS have prepared an Internet site for the live broadcast of the event. In the proposed agenda of the Meeting there are moments of prayer and formation, videos, conferences and testimonies on the missionary work of the Church. A Mexican party has been organized for Saturday 15 in the evening and on Sunday 16, a Missionary March will conclude the end of the meeting with the celebration of the Eucharist.
The Missionary Union of the Sick, UEM (Union de Enfermos Misioneros), was born in 1928, when Marguerite Godet, who wanted to be a missionary but was immobilized by illness, offered herself as a "sick missionary" in the Seminary of the Foreign Missions of Paris, thus giving rise to the Missionary Union of the Sick. Today the Union is organized and promoted by the Pontifical Mission Societies, and collects all the sick, chronic or old, who want to offer their suffering and their lives for missions. Initiatives and animation are managed at a national or local level. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/09/2012)
- 2013-05-22 AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of child labor increases in Yucatan
- 2013-05-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - "There is less violence, but there are still no social programs," said Mgr. Gallardo
- 2013-05-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - 18,000 street children exploited and at risk of physical, psychological and sexual violence
- 2013-05-16 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty and unemployment for about 13 million women
- 2013-05-14 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Do not use the church for political interests," warns the Bishop of Veracruz
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/MEXICO – Bishop’s appeal for dialogue in order to resolve the teachers’ strike
- 2013-05-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - Today the funeral of the 24 who died in the fire, Pope Francis united in prayer for the tragedy
- 2013-05-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - Persecution against migrants increases, Mgr. Arizmendi’s complaint
- 2013-05-02 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty is treated with a supportive economy
- 2013-04-30 AMERICA/MEXICO - Four priests lose their lives in a tragic accident