AMERICA/URUGUAY - More than 4000 young people committed to becoming missionary disciples: 34th National Youth Day
Maldonado (Agenzia Fides) - A crowd of more than 4,200 young people took part, in silence, in prayer and meditation, in the 34th National Youth Day in Uruguay. According to information sent to Fides Agency, hundreds of young people from all over the country in fact met in Maldonado, convened by the Commission for the Pastoral Care of Youth of the Episcopal Conference of Uruguay. The meeting, held on Saturday 1st and Sunday, September 2, allowed the participants to better understand the Word of God, so important for their Christian formation, and to deepen the meaning of the sacraments for a serious commitment in the Christian community.
Commenting on the slogan of the event, "Find Christ, your life will change," the Bishop of the Diocese of Maldonado, His Exc. Mgr. Rodolfo Wirz, asked young people to engage more and more to becoming "disciples and missionaries ". The program of the 34th National Youth Day included moments of prayer, reflection, Bible readings and comments from the participants. At the end of the two days during the final celebration of the Eucharist, Mgr. Wirz, asked 4,200 young people to consider the encounter with Christ as the strength to assume a true Christian identity and respond courageously to the Church's call for the transformation of society, thus to have a better world. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/09/2012)
- 2013-10-07 AMERICA/URUGUAY - The family at the center of missionary October
- 2013-07-02 AMERICA/URUGUAY - New educational center for the prevention of child labor
- 2013-06-21 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Invitation of the Church: a vote for a referendum against abortion
- 2013-02-23 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Social inclusion and “unity in diversity”: a challenge for the Church
- 2012-11-30 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Child labor and gender discrimination for Afro-Uruguayan children
- 2012-10-23 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Popular support for the Commission "For Life and Water" in Tacuarembó increases
- 2012-10-18 AMERICA/URUGUAY - "No violence is justified under any circumstances," the Archdiocese after the violence in the Marconi barrio of the capital
- 2012-09-27 AMERICA/URUGUAY - A Bishop joins the "Commission for Life and water"
- 2012-09-03 AMERICA/URUGUAY - More than 4000 young people committed to becoming missionary disciples: 34th National Youth Day
- 2012-07-02 AMERICA/URUGUAY - National Catholic Youth Day to renew faith and share the enthusiasm of proclamation