AMERICA/URUGUAY - More than 4000 young people committed to becoming missionary disciples: 34th National Youth Day
Maldonado (Agenzia Fides) - A crowd of more than 4,200 young people took part, in silence, in prayer and meditation, in the 34th National Youth Day in Uruguay. According to information sent to Fides Agency, hundreds of young people from all over the country in fact met in Maldonado, convened by the Commission for the Pastoral Care of Youth of the Episcopal Conference of Uruguay. The meeting, held on Saturday 1st and Sunday, September 2, allowed the participants to better understand the Word of God, so important for their Christian formation, and to deepen the meaning of the sacraments for a serious commitment in the Christian community.
Commenting on the slogan of the event, "Find Christ, your life will change," the Bishop of the Diocese of Maldonado, His Exc. Mgr. Rodolfo Wirz, asked young people to engage more and more to becoming "disciples and missionaries ". The program of the 34th National Youth Day included moments of prayer, reflection, Bible readings and comments from the participants. At the end of the two days during the final celebration of the Eucharist, Mgr. Wirz, asked 4,200 young people to consider the encounter with Christ as the strength to assume a true Christian identity and respond courageously to the Church's call for the transformation of society, thus to have a better world. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/09/2012)
- 2015-09-15 - Nearly half of all children live in the poorest households
- 2015-07-28 - AMERICA/URUGUAY – State schools for children with disabilities
- 2015-05-30 - The Latin American devotion to Romero in Uruguay
- 2014-09-26 - The Bishops for the upcoming election: "We dream of a country where human life and the family are worth more than a hectare of land"
- 2014-09-19 - AMERICA/URUGUAY – The meeting of the PMS of the American Southern Cone: working together for the mission Ad gentes
- 2014-09-08 - “Passionate Communicators of the Good News”: meeting for Cono sur Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-12-19 - Over 13 thousand signatures in favor of clean environment
- 2013-12-13 - The legalization of marijuana will destroy family
- 2013-10-07 - The family at the center of missionary October
- 2013-07-02 - New educational center for the prevention of child labor