ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The "Ambassadors of San Camillo": a response to misery and poverty
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - A group of Filipino laity came together to create the association called "Ambassadors of San Camillo". With the formation of this association, the Philippine Province of the Order of the Servants of the Sick (Camillians) sees a further realization of the dream of the founder, to testify the merciful love of Christ to the sick and those who suffer. The objective of these lay people is to respond to the challenge posed by poverty, widespread in the Philippines, with the apostolic commitment to the most vulnerable. The "Ambassadors of San Camillo", with their concrete action, take part in Camilliane missions, promote vocations and become a tool for the sick. On 30 August, at the Lung Center, they organized a fundraiser which was also attended by the Provincial Superior Fr. Rolando J. Fernandez, MI, and other religious Camillians. The hope is that other lay people, doctors...are added to this group, who live according to the spirituality of St. Camillus taking care of suffering people. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/09/2012)
- 2013-04-25 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Bishops' Appeal: "Cherish the earth to save Mindanao"
- 2013-04-24 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The religious: " Government insufficient on ecology, human rights, corruption, land reform"
- 2013-04-16 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - General Elections: the Church traces the identikit of the "good candidate"
- 2013-03-04 ASIA/PHILIPPINES – The activist killed in Boracay was a lay Catholic of the Vincentian Family
- 2013-02-28 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The Church next to the tribals, in the face of abuses in the tourist paradise of Boracay
- 2013-01-30 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The Bishops on the upcoming elections: we need a law against political dynasties
- 2013-01-22 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The typhoon also has an impact on maternal and child health
- 2013-01-14 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Schools reopen after the typhoon but there is still no electricity
- 2012-12-19 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Fr. Mendes: "Caritas volunteers and doctors are in danger because of the Taliban’s fury"
- 2012-12-19 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - President Aquino will sign the Reproductive Health Bill within the year. For the Church, "he is like a dictator"