VATICAN - Seminar for 92 new Bishops of Countries reliant on the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - There are 92 Bishops appointed in the last two years in the ecclesiastical districts that depend on the CEP and will participate at the Seminar organized by the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples held in Rome. The 92 Bishops attending the Seminar come from 42 countries: 25 from Africa (63 Bishops), 8 from Asia (17 Bishops), 6 from American (6 Bishops) and 3 from Oceania (6 Bishops).
Continuing a tradition which was inaugurated by the CEP in 1994, the Seminar aims to give all the Bishops appointed recently at the helm of dioceses or ecclesiastical mission territories, a time to pray, reflect, deepen the life and Episcopal ministry, that especially in the early years can reserve difficulties and problems. For this purpose, the reports will be presented by leading figures from the world of the Church.
On Sunday, September 2 the Bishops arrive at the Pontifical College of St. Paul the Apostle, where the Seminar will take place. The first day of the meeting, on Monday, September 3, there will be a Concelebrated Eucharist presided by Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples. The first report will cover "the relevance of the Mission Ad Gentes in the real world and the Church today," illustrated by Fr. Alberto Trevisiol, IMC, Rector of the Pontifical Urban University, then in the afternoon Archbishop Savio Hon Tai Fai, Secretary of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, will talk about the origins, history and development of the Congregation and of the Universities and Colleges which depend on it. On Tuesday morning, September 4 His Exc. Mgr. Protase Rugambwa, Adjunct Secretary of the Congregation and President of the Pontifical Mission Societies, will illustrate the structure, responsibilities and activities. On Friday 7 there will be the audience with the Holy Father at Castel Gandolfo. The Seminar will conclude on Saturday, September 15, with a Mass at the tomb of the Apostle Peter presided by Cardinal Filoni.
Cardinals: Antonio Canizares (Munus sanctificandi), Peter Turkson (Social Doctrine of the Church and evangelization), Angelo Amato (Spirituality of the Bishop), Marc Ouellet (Munus gubernandi), Mauro Piacenza (paternity towards priests), Zenon Grocholewski (formation in seminaries and of the clergy), Raymond Leo Burke (administration of justice), Attilio Nicora (Administration of justice), Joao Braz de Aviz (consecrated life), Robert Sarah (charitable organizations in mission countries) Kurt Koch (interreligious dialogue and ecumenism) will all intervene during the Seminar.
Archbishops and Bishops: Nicola Eterovic (Synod of Bishops), Juan I. Arrieta (pastoral plans and diocesan structures of collaboration), Claudio Maria Celli (media for evangelization), Dominique Mamberti (relations with States), Luis Francisco Ladaria (munus docendi) will also intervene. Fr. Joseph Koonamparampil (procedures of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples), Monsignor Livio Melina (family and life), prof. Guzman Carriquiry (lay and mission), Mrs. M.Peeters (the family in the post-modern culture) will present their reports. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 01/09/2012)
- 2013-05-23 VATICAN - The Pope prays for Catholics in China on the feast of Our Lady of Sheshan
- 2013-05-20 VATICAN - The Pope launches "Missio", an "App" for smartphones with Fides news
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - "The PMS, concrete sign for the special attention to the young Churches," Cardinal Filoni at the audience with Pope Francis
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - The Holy Father's Speech addressed to the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-14 VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
- 2013-05-13 VATICAN - "It is necessary to review the methods of evangelization": Cardinal Filoni at the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-08 VATICAN - Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies, from May 13 to 18
- 2013-04-22 VATICAN - "Finding the right and peaceful paths to overcome the crisis," Pope's appeal for Venezuela
- 2013-04-18 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni: dialogue between religions in Asia "for the common good"
- 2013-04-17 VATICAN - Pope Francis: to evangelize, baptism is enough