AMERICA/PERU - Facing the challenges of each particular Church with the spirit of the PMS: the 41st Assembly of the PMS in Peru begins
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The 41st General Assembly of Diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Peru is in progress, held at the Retreat House of St. Joseph of Cluny in Lima on the theme: "Faith without love does not bear fruit "(Porta Fidei # 14). The objective of the Assembly is to rediscover the identity of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS), and thus strengthen and organize the missionary activities for the period 2012 - 2013 in each of the ecclesiastical jurisdictions of Peru. In a note sent to Fides Agency from the PMS of Peru says: "We want to create a sense of belonging to the PMS in order to achieve and consolidate the presence of the PMS in every particular Church and therefore analyze the richness and challenges of each particular community that allows us to elaborate a pastoral plan on the basis of the national Plan of the PMS. "
"We have also established pastoral regions at a national level with an aim to organize, plan and communicate the actions and strategies to strengthen the work and contribution of the PMS" the statement continues.
The opening of the Assembly, which began on August 1 and closes on August 3, began with a Mass presided by the Apostolic Nuncio to Peru, Mgr. James Patrick Green. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/08/2012)
- 2013-04-25 AMERICA/PERU - Education and sports activities for street children
- 2013-03-23 AMERICA/PERU - Thousands for the March for Life, rather than a law, the testimony of the population
- 2013-02-23 AMERICA/PERU - Solidarity and sobriety: the solution to the crisis
- 2013-01-08 AMERICA/PERU - For the first time the "Sowers of Stars" march in the streets of the Peruvian capital
- 2012-11-28 AMERICA/PERU - A program of support for more than 6000 street children and adolescents has started
- 2012-11-23 AMERICA/PERU - The first stone of the new church dedicated to San. Pedro and San. Pablo in Ichu was blessed
- 2012-11-13 AMERICA/PERU- Forced labor for 200 000 children in the region of Puno
- 2012-11-08 AMERICA/PERU - "Being able to read, listen, see": a Congress on the ethical responsibility of spectators
- 2012-10-25 AMERICA/PERU - New website guides the faithful Peruvians in the Year of Faith
- 2012-10-17 AMERICA/PERU - "To carry out mission in an area where there are scars of violence": the testimony of the Archbishop of Ayacucho