AMERICA/NICARAGUA - A course on the Social Doctrine of the Church has been inaugurated at the UCICAM
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - The Immaculate Conception Catholic University of the Archdiocese of Managua (UCICAM) has inaugurated a course for the Diploma in Social Doctrine of the Church. The course, lasting five months, will be directed by people with proven educational, political and social sciences experience, and will also have professors such as his Exc. Mgr. Silvio Baez, Auxiliary Bishop of Managua, and Mgr. Miguel Mantica Cuadra, Pastoral Vicar of the Archdiocese of Managua.
In the note sent to Fides Agency, we read what was said by Mgr. Silvio Baez, who is also the Rector of the Catholic University Center: "It is very important for people to train in this area, the Church's proposal is a proposal to organize social life in a humane manner, based on freedom and justice."
The Immaculate Conception Catholic University of the Archdiocese of Managua (UCICAM) was erected in December 2011, when the Pastoral Institute of the Seminar La Purisima was given official approval to become a Catholic University with the name of Immaculate Conception Catholic University of the Archdiocese of Managua (UCICAM).
It was the culmination of a project of the Archdiocese which lasted more than 10 years. On the date of the inauguration, the Rector Monsignor Silvio José Báez was appointed. The Immaculate Conception Catholic University inspires its studies in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and committed to providing formation in the context of a faith that can enlighten people to form a rational and critical judgment. (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 23/07/2012)
- 2015-01-20 - Pastoral letter: "Some people are more interested in profit than man himself"
- 2015-01-13 - Still controversy about the transoceanic canal: the Bishops call for clarity
- 2014-12-10 - Church-Government meeting on the Interoceanic Canal
- 2014-12-05 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Electoral certificate renewal: Bishops speak out
- 2014-11-26 - The Bishops of Central America gather: Communication in the culture of encounter
- 2014-11-25 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Transoceanic canal: Cardinal Brenes calls for transparency
- 2014-11-24 - Concern for the construction of the Canal: "I will not leave you alone" ensures the Bishop of Granada
- 2014-11-17 - The Church on the mega project of the Interoceanic Canal: "Everyone must be heard"
- 2014-10-01 - Initiatives and projects for 1400 child workers in Honduras and Nicaragua
- 2014-09-17 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – The Bishops on Law 779: the reform is urgent, the Church is not the auxiliary of the police