AMERICA/NICARAGUA - A course on the Social Doctrine of the Church has been inaugurated at the UCICAM
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - The Immaculate Conception Catholic University of the Archdiocese of Managua (UCICAM) has inaugurated a course for the Diploma in Social Doctrine of the Church. The course, lasting five months, will be directed by people with proven educational, political and social sciences experience, and will also have professors such as his Exc. Mgr. Silvio Baez, Auxiliary Bishop of Managua, and Mgr. Miguel Mantica Cuadra, Pastoral Vicar of the Archdiocese of Managua.
In the note sent to Fides Agency, we read what was said by Mgr. Silvio Baez, who is also the Rector of the Catholic University Center: "It is very important for people to train in this area, the Church's proposal is a proposal to organize social life in a humane manner, based on freedom and justice."
The Immaculate Conception Catholic University of the Archdiocese of Managua (UCICAM) was erected in December 2011, when the Pastoral Institute of the Seminar La Purisima was given official approval to become a Catholic University with the name of Immaculate Conception Catholic University of the Archdiocese of Managua (UCICAM).
It was the culmination of a project of the Archdiocese which lasted more than 10 years. On the date of the inauguration, the Rector Monsignor Silvio José Báez was appointed. The Immaculate Conception Catholic University inspires its studies in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and committed to providing formation in the context of a faith that can enlighten people to form a rational and critical judgment. (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 23/07/2012)
- 2015-11-18 - Bishops meeting: Bring the Gospel to those who use "the digital world"
- 2015-10-28 - The anti-interoceanic canal march suspended, but the population still opposes
- 2015-10-19 - Mining activity in Rancho Grande is "not feasible": listen to the people and the Church
- 2015-10-12 - The Church ready to mediate in the mine issue, "no one has to die for this"
- 2015-10-08 - Clashes between police and protesters, the Church is the only intermediary
- 2015-10-07 - The support of Cardinal Brenes: "Punish those who exploit the naivety of the poor"
- 2015-09-18 - Bishops of Bluefields: "We cannot share the violence among poor peasants and indigenous"
- 2015-09-14 - Families fleeing and still clashes in Waspam, request of a Truth Commission
- 2015-09-10 - Clashes over land concern the Bishops of Bluefields: "there will be no solution if there is violence"
- 2015-07-16 - Nearly two million Central American children are undernourished