AMERICA/NICARAGUA - A course on the Social Doctrine of the Church has been inaugurated at the UCICAM
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - The Immaculate Conception Catholic University of the Archdiocese of Managua (UCICAM) has inaugurated a course for the Diploma in Social Doctrine of the Church. The course, lasting five months, will be directed by people with proven educational, political and social sciences experience, and will also have professors such as his Exc. Mgr. Silvio Baez, Auxiliary Bishop of Managua, and Mgr. Miguel Mantica Cuadra, Pastoral Vicar of the Archdiocese of Managua.
In the note sent to Fides Agency, we read what was said by Mgr. Silvio Baez, who is also the Rector of the Catholic University Center: "It is very important for people to train in this area, the Church's proposal is a proposal to organize social life in a humane manner, based on freedom and justice."
The Immaculate Conception Catholic University of the Archdiocese of Managua (UCICAM) was erected in December 2011, when the Pastoral Institute of the Seminar La Purisima was given official approval to become a Catholic University with the name of Immaculate Conception Catholic University of the Archdiocese of Managua (UCICAM).
It was the culmination of a project of the Archdiocese which lasted more than 10 years. On the date of the inauguration, the Rector Monsignor Silvio José Báez was appointed. The Immaculate Conception Catholic University inspires its studies in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and committed to providing formation in the context of a faith that can enlighten people to form a rational and critical judgment. (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 23/07/2012)
- 2013-12-04 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - A hundred years of the ecclesiastical Province: a feast with our eyes on the country’s situation
- 2013-11-23 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - "Nicaragua does not need any Constitution reform", the Bishops say
- 2013-11-13 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Year of Faith: "We must all work for conversion"
- 2013-11-12 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - The Catholic Church invited to the consultations on the constitutional reform
- 2013-11-07 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Archbishop of Managua’s appeal to prevent dengue
- 2013-10-29 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Closing of the Year of Faith, praying for peace, but churches are empty because of fear
- 2013-10-21 AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Devious persecution against the Church: the complaint of the Bishop of Esteli
- 2013-10-16 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - A city isolated by the miners, Mgr. René Sándigo at work to appease the conflict
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - "Weapons are not the tool to claim rights" warns Mgr. Herrera after the violence in rural areas
- 2013-10-08 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Alarming figures on children who are exploited and sexually abused