EUROPE/ITALY - Don Alfonso Crippa confirmed as Superior General of the Guanelliani
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The 19th general Chapter of the Servants of Charity-Opera Don Guanella, which takes place at Barza d'Ispra (VA), has confirmed Don Alfonso Crippa as Superior General for a second term and will lead the Congregation of the Guanelliani for the period 2012-2018. "I am aware of having received a challenging assignment, which I accept trusting in the Providence of God and in the help of my collaborators," underlined Don Alfonso. "My commitment to the six year period will be oriented to ensure that all Provinces and communities of the Congregation can fulfill what is expressed by the general Chapter in particular in reference to the New Evangelization" (see Fides 11/07/2012). Don Alfonso Crippa was born in Como, on June 17, 1939 and entered the Congregation of the Servants of Charity in 1950. In 1957 he professed his first vows, in 1963 his final vows and was ordained a Priest in 1965. For many years (from 1966 to 1993) he worked in Spain, becoming also the Superior of the Delegation. He returned to Italy in 1993, when he was appointed Provincial Superior of the Province "Sacred Heart". In 2003 he was appointed Superior of the African Delegation "Our Lady of Hope", a position that led him to become familiar with the realities of the continent, staying in the three African missions of the Congregation. In 2006 he was elected Superior General. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 20/7/2012)
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 - EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages