EUROPE/ITALY - The new regulation for the Diocesan Missionary Centers approved by the CEI
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Presidency of the Italian Episcopal Conference (CEI) has approved the draft regulation on the Diocesan Missionary Centers which replaces the previous statute, dating back to 1969. Indicating "Nature and purpose" of the Diocesan Missionary Center, the Regulation states that it "is the main instrument of which the Bishop, the first responsible of the missionary life of the particular Church, and is used to promote, direct and coordinate missionary activity." In addition, "it includes the diocesan Department of the Pontifical Mission Societies, which contribute to the pastoral mission for their universal character and their specific support for the mission ad gentes." It is for the Diocesan Missionary Center, among other things, "to develop and implement, together with the Institutes of consecrated life and Societies of apostolic life, and other missionary Organizations present in the Diocese, ways of animation and formation to rediscover and live the missionary commitment as a constitutive reality of the Church and a natural vocation of every Christian; to promote and, in particular, to organize the participation of the local ecclesial community to missionary collections, with particular regard to the collection of offerings on the occasion of World Mission Day and Youth Missionary Day; to make the faithful aware of the needs of poorer churches and charitable initiatives in their favor. " The Director of the Diocesan Missionary Centre "is chosen and appointed by the Bishop among people with the necessary sensitivity and competence", he is the Diocesan Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 17/7/2012)
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 - EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages