EUROPE/ITALY - Second term for Fr. Manuel J. Cortés Soriano: to guide the Marianists
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The delegates of the 34th General Chapter of the Society of Mary (Marianists), currently in progress in Rome (see Fides 02/07/2012), elected Manuel J. Cortés Soriano for a second term as Superior General. According to information which Fides received, Fr. Manuel was born in Valencia, Spain, in 1945, and entered the novitiate of the Society of Mary in 1961. On 12 September 1962, he professed his first vows. He was ordained on March 24, 1974 in Fribourg, Switzerland. In his over forty years as a Marianist, Fr. Manuel has held several roles: Superior of a community, school chaplain, Master of Novices, pastor. Furthermore, he was the Provincial of the former Province of Zaragoza from 1989 to 1997. Fr. Manuel got a degree in Physical Sciences and in Theology. He is the author of numerous books. The conclusion of the Chapter is scheduled for July 22. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 16/7/2012)
- 2014-03-07 EUROPE/ITALY - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 EUROPE/ITALY - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 EUROPE/ITALY - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 EUROPE/ITALY - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 EUROPE/ITALY - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 EUROPE/ITALY - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 EUROPE/ITALY - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages
- 2013-11-20 EUROPE/ITALY - International Children’s day and the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children, and Youth in the World
- 2013-11-15 EUROPE/ITALY - Two centuries after the Reconstitution of the Society, the Jesuits look at the universal mission