AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "A great nation must defend the weak": Exhortation of Archbishop Mendoza
Mendoza (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Mendoza, His Exc. Mgr. José María Arancibia, presided the Te Deum for Independence Day of Argentina, on July 9, in the parish of San Carlos Borromeo, in the Valle de Uco. "National Independence Day is celebrated and, following a deep-rooted habit, let us pause to reflect and recognize the protection of God. We manifest and express thereby our vision of human life and history, while respecting personal beliefs," said the Prelate.
In his homily, Mgr. Arancibia pointed out that "the truth about man is a necessary condition for achieving freedom. In it ethics is based, which contains clear and precise formulations on life and death, duties and rights, marriage, family and society, and even the responsible care of nature."
The note sent to Fides says that at the end of the reflection, the Archbishop of Mendoza addressed this exhortation: "A great nation cannot rely on false ideals, nor on the benefit of a few, but must worry about defending the weak. We must work together to build a community where everyone can grow in peace and prosperity." On July 9, Argentina celebrated the 196th anniversary of its independence. The national holiday is deeply felt by the population, although currently there are problems in various sectors of society. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/7/2012)
- 2013-05-07 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Minor workers engaged in heavy activity and at risk
- 2013-04-18 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - " Pastoral ministry should always be missionary," Pope Francis’ message to his brother Argentinian bishops
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops to the government: "More consultations on reforms, or democracy weakens "
- 2013-04-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The action of young people in storms was a "silent revolution," says a Bishop
- 2013-04-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - More than 50 victims due to the torrential rains in Buenos Aires
- 2013-04-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops of Patagonia: "social peace can be reached with the participation of all"
- 2013-03-25 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Gestures that are potentially prophetic"
- 2013-03-14 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The joy and the prayer of Pope Francis’ compatriots
- 2013-02-22 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Education in the faith in schools: commitment of teachers
- 2013-01-30 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Drugs are also present in primary schools": Mgr. Bressanelli calls for the intervention of the State