EUROPE/ITALY - The guanellian mission of charity in the context of the new evangelization
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - There are ongoing works of 19th General Chapter of the Servants of Charity, , which takes place in Barza d'Ispra (VA). From 1 to 21 July the 37 chapter members will discuss the most important problems of the Guanellian religious life, particularly in relation to the theme "a project of the Province towards the new evangelization" as stated in a statement which Fides received. Indeed, "the preparatory phase of the Chapter is characterized – explains Don Wladimiro Bogoni, point of reference of the precapitular commission- by the reflection on five points in particular: the basic elements for a project of the Province, considering the development of the Congregation; the new evangelization; how to conduct the challenge of the new evangelization and Guanellian mission in new areopagus; to form spiritual men; operational strategies." The agenda includes the report of the Superior General Fr. Alfonso Crippa on the situation of the Congregation, the relations of Provinces and Delegations, interventions, group work and contributions on the theme of the Chapter. On 19 and 20 July there will be the election of the new Superior General and his Council. On 21 the conclusion of the Chapter and the transfer to Fraciscio, birthplace of St. Luigi Guanella (1842-1915), where the Urn will stop during the Peregrinatio in progress after the canonization, which occurred on October 23, 2011. The Guanellians are now present in 19 countries in 4 continents (Europe, Asia, Africa, America), including India, Philippines, Ghana, Nigeria, Congo, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 11/7/2012)
- 2014-03-05 EUROPE/ITALY - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 EUROPE/ITALY - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 EUROPE/ITALY - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 EUROPE/ITALY - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 EUROPE/ITALY - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 EUROPE/ITALY - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages
- 2013-11-20 EUROPE/ITALY - International Children’s day and the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children, and Youth in the World
- 2013-11-15 EUROPE/ITALY - Two centuries after the Reconstitution of the Society, the Jesuits look at the universal mission
- 2013-11-11 EUROPE/ITALY - "First mothers and children": to double in five years the number of assisted births