AMERICA/BRAZIL - From July 12 to 15 the third Missionary Congress, a national event
Palmas (Agenzia Fides) - The Church in Brazil is preparing for its third National Missionary Congress (3 CMN) which will take place from July 12 to 15 in Palmas (TO) and will count on the participation of over 600 people from around the country. The Congress shall have the slogan "As the Father has sent me, so I send you" (Jn 20:21), and the theme will be: "Missionary Disciple: from Brazil to a secular and multicultural world in the light of the II Vatican Council."
"We are encouraged and challenged to do our part as a missionary Church. To reflect together on our journey in this secular and multicultural world, we promote 3 CMN," wrote Father Camilo Pauletti, National Director of the PMS in Brazil and Executive Chairman of the Congress in a note sent to Fides Agency.
Regarding the participants, "each diocese has a reserved number of seats in proportion to its size, to achieve the goal of 600 delegates. The Archdiocese of Palmas will have 40 seats to host the event," said Father Fabio Gleiser, executive Secretary of 3CMN. To accommodate all these people, provide them with accommodation and meals, the organization of Congress counts on the collaboration of all the parishes in the city of Palmas. To the 600 people registered to participate in the 3CMN the Diocesan Missionary Councils (COMIDIs), the Institutions and missionary Organizations engaged in the missionary animation of the local Churches and members of some of the 17 regions of the Brazilian Episcopal Conference (CNBB), through the Regional Missionary Council (COMIRE) have to be added. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/7/2012)
- 2013-05-16 AMERICA/BRAZIL – Still victims because of the mismanagement of health care of indigenous peoples
- 2013-05-14 AMERICA/BRAZIL - India is at the center of the reflection for the Week of Prayer for the Unity of Brazilian Christians
- 2013-03-15 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Nearly 800,000 people have been killed by gunfire in the last 30 years
- 2013-03-01 AMERICA/BRAZIL - "The conflict over the land is also ruining our culture," say the indigenous communities
- 2013-02-20 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Fighting trafficking of women with international emergency telephone help lines
- 2013-02-15 AMERICA/BRAZIL - A parish in the heart of the Amazon for the Redemptorist missionaries
- 2013-02-15 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Protagonists of a strategic development: young people in the Fraternity Campaign 2013
- 2012-12-19 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Priest murdered during a robbery
- 2012-12-14 AMERICA/BRAZIL - New support to Mgr. Casaldáliga from the Chamber of Deputies
- 2012-12-10 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Mgr. Pedro Casaldáliga threatened again because he supports the indigenous Xavante