AFRICA/SUDAN - The Catholic Bishops and Presbyterians list the places of worship attacked in Sudan
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - In their joint message to mark the first anniversary of the independence of South Sudan, His Exc. Mgr. Paulino Lukudu Loro, Catholic Archbishop of Juba, and Mgr. Daniel Deng Bul, Episcopal Archbishop of Juba and Primate of the Episcopal Church of Sudan, say: "We are saddened by the developments in the Republic of Sudan, which appear to threaten the ethnic, religious and cultural diversity."
The two leaders add: "We are particularly saddened by the attacks on the evangelical Presbyterian church complex, for the demolition of the Episcopal church of the parish of St. John in Hai Baraka in Khartoum, for the destruction of the structures of the Episcopal Church of Sudan and the Catholic school of the Comboni Kadugli, for the confiscation of Catholic schools in Khartoum and Omdurman, the closure of the offices of the Sudan Council of Churches and Sudanaid in Nyala (Darfur), and for the attacks against unarmed civilians in other parts of Sudan." (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 09/07/2012)
- 2013-05-16 AFRICA/SUDAN - 25 victims in the umpteenth bombing in the Nuba Mountains
- 2013-05-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Chadian troops entered in Darfur, accusing a rebel movement
- 2013-04-05 AFRICA/SUDAN - The continuous bombing on villages in the Nuba Mountains aims to drive out the civilians
- 2013-03-13 AFRICA/SUDAN - The oil deal between Sudan and South Sudan is a prerequisite for the implementation of the agreements of 27 September
- 2013-02-21 AFRICA/SUDAN - Clashes in the Blue Nile area continue
- 2013-02-18 AFRICA/SUDAN - Are Islamists fleeing Mali finding refuge in Darfur?
- 2013-02-14 AFRICA/SUDAN - Talks between Sudan and South Sudan have been postponed
- 2013-01-24 AFRICA/SUDAN - "Stop the war in South Kordofan and Blue Nile" is what 350 African civil societies ask for
- 2013-01-07 AFRICA/SUDAN - Agreement between Sudan and South Sudan in Addis Ababa
- 2012-12-19 AFRICA/SUDAN - Khartoum has announced a major breakthrough in talks with Juba for border security