OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - A TV, radio and web network dedicated to Blessed Peter To Rot
Bereina (Agenzia Fides) - The Blessed Peter To Rot, a lay martyr of Papua New Guinea of which the Church celebrates the centenary of the birth in 2012, continues in the twenty-first century the work of evangelization of the people of Papua through a radio and television named after him. As sources of Fides in the local Church report, the communication network called "The voice of Peter To Rot", includes radio, television and web services, and was launched on the occasion of the centenary of the Diocese of Bereina, led by His Exc. Mgr. Rochus Tatamai MSC. In a message sent to Fides, the Bishop emphasizes the desire to "bear witness to Christ through the work of mass media, especially radio and television, the Internet and social networks."
"The voice of Peter To Rot", is transmitted in Kerema, Vunapope, Malmaluan, Bereina, Lorengau and in the near future in Port Moresby. The project sees a fully ecumenical cooperation with other Christian Churches, for the spread of human and Christian values in society.
The Catholic network will also provide services, programs and television productions to "Kundu2" public service television broadcaster in Papua: thus, will reach a wide audience in the country. On the Internet the new network is visible at the addresses www.voiceoftorot.com and www.torot.tv. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 07/07/2012)
OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- 2013-05-16 ASIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Young pilgrims from Papua ask to pray with the Pope in Rome
- 2013-05-14 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - "Hanging the criminals?": Intense debate on capital punishment
- 2013-05-07 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - The social media revolution has arrived in Papua
- 2013-04-26 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Archbishop Douglas: "It is urgent to find something better than the death penalty"
- 2013-04-12 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - The Bishops to the Prime Minister: fight against corruption and more collaboration between Church and state
- 2013-04-12 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - File - The Church, a precious resource for society
- 2013-04-11 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - The Bishops bear witness to the faith on social networks
- 2013-02-26 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Muslims in Papua: the new frontier of Islam in Oceania
- 2013-01-29 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Consecrated people: communication and evangelization via mobile phone
- 2012-12-21 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Christians: a legislative action against polygamy is urgent