OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - A TV, radio and web network dedicated to Blessed Peter To Rot
Bereina (Agenzia Fides) - The Blessed Peter To Rot, a lay martyr of Papua New Guinea of which the Church celebrates the centenary of the birth in 2012, continues in the twenty-first century the work of evangelization of the people of Papua through a radio and television named after him. As sources of Fides in the local Church report, the communication network called "The voice of Peter To Rot", includes radio, television and web services, and was launched on the occasion of the centenary of the Diocese of Bereina, led by His Exc. Mgr. Rochus Tatamai MSC. In a message sent to Fides, the Bishop emphasizes the desire to "bear witness to Christ through the work of mass media, especially radio and television, the Internet and social networks."
"The voice of Peter To Rot", is transmitted in Kerema, Vunapope, Malmaluan, Bereina, Lorengau and in the near future in Port Moresby. The project sees a fully ecumenical cooperation with other Christian Churches, for the spread of human and Christian values in society.
The Catholic network will also provide services, programs and television productions to "Kundu2" public service television broadcaster in Papua: thus, will reach a wide audience in the country. On the Internet the new network is visible at the addresses www.voiceoftorot.com and www.torot.tv. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 07/07/2012)
OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- 2014-07-01 - Political crisis: Bishops’ appeal for the common good
- 2014-06-30 - The Archbishop of Madang: "Church and State united against domestic violence"
- 2014-05-22 - Open Letter of the Bishops to politicians: "Let us protect life together for the common good"
- 2014-05-13 - A priest and a lay extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist have been killed
- 2014-04-24 - Pilgrimage on foot for the 80th anniversary of evangelization in the highlands of Papua
- 2014-03-01 - Bishops: urgent “truly humane” response to question of refugees
- 2014-02-03 - UN Coordinator in Papua: "Additional reflection is needed with regards to death penalty"
- 2014-01-31 - Archbishop Young: concern for the 13 prisoners that will be executed
- 2014-01-30 - The Church: population growth is not a nightmare
- 2014-01-28 - OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA – Does Papua New Guinea want notoriety thanks to the death penalty?