AMERICA/ECUADOR - Young Catholics take the gospel door to door, especially to the most disadvantaged areas
Quito (Agenzia Fides) - In order to evangelize and to serve the most vulnerable communities in Ecuador, "Universidad Tecnica Particular de Loja " (UTPL) and the Youth Idente, which includes Catholic university students from different universities in Ecuador and other Latin American countries, have announced the ninth edition of the Mission Idente Ecuador in 2012, to be held from August 3 to 12. As reported by the university press, which Fides Agency received, the " Missione Idente Ecuador 2012" intends to promote students and professionals social awareness from Latin America, inviting them to take the message of Christ, as missionaries, in different provinces of the country.
According to the organizers of the event, this mission "has a special meaning: for many young people it is a personal encounter with Christ, found in the simplicity and generosity of all those who receive them at the places of mission." The mission consists of spiritual, academic and technical activities, as young people promote the realization of specific projects in the most disadvantaged sectors of society. There are door to door visits, workshops for children, youth and adults, games and other activities that help the socio-cultural develpoment of the communities.
The Mission Idente since 2004 sees the participation of hundreds of youth in the country and throughout Latin America, who leave around 6 pm of the 24 provinces of Ecuador, although in the future it aims to reach the entire country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/07/2012)
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The first Holy Colombian, big feast also in the Ande of Ecuador
- 2013-04-27 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Clashes amaong Indians and exploitation of the earth: for the Bishops it is "a conflict due to indifference"
- 2013-04-27 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The Church defends the Amazon environment, threatened by the interests of market
- 2013-04-09 AMERICA/ECUADOR - "A provocation to divide the community," the Archbishop denounces the protests of Evangelicals
- 2013-01-15 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The Bishops for the presidential elections, "the Christian should not adhere to ideological systems that oppose to the faith he professes"
- 2012-12-17 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The phenomenon of child labor spreads: in the streets, factories, fields
- 2012-11-16 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Controversy over a provision that hurts the religious sensibility of the sick
- 2012-11-12 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Assembly of the Missionaries: to strengthen faith for the Permanent Mission and contribute to a New Evangelization.
- 2012-10-31 AMERICA/ECUADOR - "Close stories to be listened far away": contest to promote radio stations
- 2012-10-26 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Ecuador in celebration for the beatification of the Missionary Sister, Mary Troncatti