AMERICA/ECUADOR - Young Catholics take the gospel door to door, especially to the most disadvantaged areas
Quito (Agenzia Fides) - In order to evangelize and to serve the most vulnerable communities in Ecuador, "Universidad Tecnica Particular de Loja " (UTPL) and the Youth Idente, which includes Catholic university students from different universities in Ecuador and other Latin American countries, have announced the ninth edition of the Mission Idente Ecuador in 2012, to be held from August 3 to 12. As reported by the university press, which Fides Agency received, the " Missione Idente Ecuador 2012" intends to promote students and professionals social awareness from Latin America, inviting them to take the message of Christ, as missionaries, in different provinces of the country.
According to the organizers of the event, this mission "has a special meaning: for many young people it is a personal encounter with Christ, found in the simplicity and generosity of all those who receive them at the places of mission." The mission consists of spiritual, academic and technical activities, as young people promote the realization of specific projects in the most disadvantaged sectors of society. There are door to door visits, workshops for children, youth and adults, games and other activities that help the socio-cultural develpoment of the communities.
The Mission Idente since 2004 sees the participation of hundreds of youth in the country and throughout Latin America, who leave around 6 pm of the 24 provinces of Ecuador, although in the future it aims to reach the entire country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/07/2012)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishops’ Assembly: commitments following visit of Pope Francis and preparation for the Holy Year of Mercy
- 2015-10-15 - Spanish missionary in Ecuador turns 100 on World Mission Day
- 2015-10-05 - Improving access to education for children
- 2015-09-29 - "Supportive and welcoming border": Ecuador and Peru against trafficking and exploitation
- 2015-08-01 - Papal altar to serve as parish church
- 2015-07-08 - "We also want to be missionaries" says the indigenous representative to the Pope
- 2015-07-07 - The Pope's visit "will mark a before and after with regards to the situation in the country"
- 2015-07-06 - 10 000 from Santo Domingo to Quito for the Pope's Mass
- 2015-06-26 - Still demonstrations against President Correa
- 2015-06-17 - Bishops: dialogue is the only path to find solutions, violence is always destructive