AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Bishops concerned about the conflict of authority between State organs
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - The Salvadoran Episcopal Conference (CEDES) has launched an appeal to the Members of the Assembly so that they abandon the attitude of confrontation against the judges of the Constitutional Chamber of the Supreme Court. The latter has declared unconstitutional the election of judges, made by the deputies, for the years 2006 and 2012. In an eight-point declaration, sent to Fides Agency, the Bishops say they are "deeply concerned" about the recurrence of the clash, which occurred in recent weeks, instead of its solution. The President of the Episcopal Conference, Archbishop of the capital, His Exc. Mgr. Jose Luis Escobar Alas, on presenting the document stressed that "the Constitutional Chamber acted within its functions", and defined the friction between the State organs as a "political problem", therefore, urged officials of both parties to "talk in depth." Because of the possible legal and social consequences that this conflict could have, the Archbishop asked, in the name of the common good, that the Assembly recognizes the legitimacy of judgments of the Constitutional Chamber. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/02/2012)
- 2015-05-25 - Archbishop Romero beatified: "symbol of peace, harmony and brotherhood"
- 2015-05-19 - AMERICA/EL SALVADOR – Preparation for the beatification of Mgr. Romero
- 2015-04-29 - Beatification of Mgr. Romero: 9 heads of state have already confirmed their participation
- 2015-04-21 - Poverty exacerbates the living conditions of HIV-positive children
- 2015-03-24 - "Young people want to know more about Romero"
- 2015-03-12 - "The saint of all El Salvador" - beatification of Mgr. Romero on 23 May
- 2015-02-05 - Feast in Ciudad Barrios, the birthplace of Mgr. Romero
- 2015-02-04 - Mgr. Romero Beato: "Immense joy in the Salvadoran Church"; "It will be a historic event," emphasizes the Presidency
- 2015-02-03 - Auxiliary Bishop: we do not negotiate any truce, we want an open dialogue with all
- 2015-01-28 - "Yo soy uno de ellos": young children in parishes and schools in favor of the most vulnerable