AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Bishops concerned about the conflict of authority between State organs
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - The Salvadoran Episcopal Conference (CEDES) has launched an appeal to the Members of the Assembly so that they abandon the attitude of confrontation against the judges of the Constitutional Chamber of the Supreme Court. The latter has declared unconstitutional the election of judges, made by the deputies, for the years 2006 and 2012. In an eight-point declaration, sent to Fides Agency, the Bishops say they are "deeply concerned" about the recurrence of the clash, which occurred in recent weeks, instead of its solution. The President of the Episcopal Conference, Archbishop of the capital, His Exc. Mgr. Jose Luis Escobar Alas, on presenting the document stressed that "the Constitutional Chamber acted within its functions", and defined the friction between the State organs as a "political problem", therefore, urged officials of both parties to "talk in depth." Because of the possible legal and social consequences that this conflict could have, the Archbishop asked, in the name of the common good, that the Assembly recognizes the legitimacy of judgments of the Constitutional Chamber. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/02/2012)
- 2015-08-17 - AMERICA/EL SALVADOR – Crowds of faithful gather to commemorate the birth of Blessed Oscar Romero
- 2015-08-10 - 16 murders a day, the church launches an appeal to stop violence
- 2015-08-10 - The Holy Father's concern for the violence in El Salvador
- 2015-08-01 - No negotiating with gangs in the plan for National Security
- 2015-06-27 - Mgr. Romero Romero is recognized as "Son Meritísimo of El Salvador"
- 2015-06-03 - Dengue fever mainly affects school age children
- 2015-06-01 - "The numbers of murders are manipulated in order to create chaos", denounces Mgr. Rosa Chavez
- 2015-05-25 - Archbishop Romero beatified: "symbol of peace, harmony and brotherhood"
- 2015-05-19 - AMERICA/EL SALVADOR – Preparation for the beatification of Mgr. Romero
- 2015-04-29 - Beatification of Mgr. Romero: 9 heads of state have already confirmed their participation