AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "The true path to social inclusion is paid work in a dignified manner," Social Week 2012 has just concluded
Mar del Plata (Agenzia Fides) - "The true path to social inclusion is paid work in a dignified manner. We renew our commitment to the culture of work. We reject the spread of negative consumerist and materialistic behaviors, with no appreciation for work": are some of the points highlighted in the final message of social Week celebrated in Argentina in 2012, which ended yesterday, June 24, in Mar del Plata, with the slogan "Work, dignity and social justice."
According to information Fides Agency received, presenting the conclusions of the event, the Bishops of the Episcopal Commission for Social Pastoral stated: "We reaffirm the commitment to promote the integral development and eradicate poverty in this journey of celebration of the Bicentennial . We want to become part of this process and help create a more just nation."
The conclusions of this "space for signing agreements and proposals for the common good," as the Social Week defined, revolve around the themes: "The distribution of wealth, illegal employment, unemployment, work and youth, work and environmental issue."
The closing Mass of Social Week was celebrated by His Exc. Mgr. Jorge Lozano, Bishop of Gualeguaychú and President of the Episcopal Commission for Social Pastoral (CEPAS), concelebrated by Mgr. Alcides Jorge Pedro Casaretto, Bishop Emeritus of San Isidro, and by many priests. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/6/2012)
- 2013-05-22 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - 4 out of 10 children are extremely poor and deprived of basic necessities
- 2013-05-07 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Minor workers engaged in heavy activity and at risk
- 2013-04-18 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - " Pastoral ministry should always be missionary," Pope Francis’ message to his brother Argentinian bishops
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops to the government: "More consultations on reforms, or democracy weakens "
- 2013-04-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The action of young people in storms was a "silent revolution," says a Bishop
- 2013-04-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - More than 50 victims due to the torrential rains in Buenos Aires
- 2013-04-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops of Patagonia: "social peace can be reached with the participation of all"
- 2013-03-25 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Gestures that are potentially prophetic"
- 2013-03-14 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The joy and the prayer of Pope Francis’ compatriots
- 2013-02-22 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Education in the faith in schools: commitment of teachers