AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Third Missionary Congress is approaching: The Missio ad Gentes is the primary mission of the Church
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) – In less than a month the Third National Missionary Congress of Brazil will begin, the event is strongly felt in the community. The Congress will be held in Palmas (Brazil), from July 12 to 15, on the main theme: "Missionary Disciples: from Brazil for a secularized and multicultural world, in the light of II Vatican Council." Jaime Carlos Patias, IMC, director of the magazine " Missões " and in charge of the Communications of the National Missionary Congress, sent to Fides a contribution that emphasizes the importance of the Missio Ad Gentes.
"Feeding on the Word and the Bread of Life, that is Jesus, without committing to the mission, means not fully living faith. One thinks of the pastoral of conservation, the celebration of worship, the sacraments. It is true that one has the right to be cared for spiritually, but this work of evangelization does not reach more than 3% of 30% of those who are Christians, in a world of seven billion human beings. One might think of ministers able to reach 27% of the baptized who are not actively involved in Church life and need a 'new evangelization' or 're-evangelization'. However, the first proclamation, intended as missio ad Gentes, concerns about 70% of the world population and is the primary mission of the Church.
"It is by giving faith that it strengthens" (RM 2). In addition to loving God, we are called to come out of the sacristy and the presbytery and to love God in thy neighbor, with a spirituality that embraces all expressions of human life. Full life is total giving and sharing, and this is the mission, therefore our life is a mission that is at the same time our vocation."(CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/6/2012)
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs
- 2015-01-28 - Missionaries study "concentration and manipulation of the media"
- 2015-01-12 - Recalling the earthquake in Haiti with the testimony of Zilda Arns
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform