Comayagüela (Agenzia Fides) - The Episcopal Conference of Honduras, at the conclusion of the Ordinary Assembly which took place last week, sent to Fides a statement stressing that during this meeting, the situation of the Church's life and national Hondurian life were analyzed. Responding to Holy Father Benedict XVI’s invitation to prepare for the Year of the Faith, the Bishops also developed 7 major points for reflection that will inspire the evangelizing action of all the Christian communities in the country, and particularly the pastoral plan of each diocese. The points suggested are the following:
1. -. Living faith in relation to Holy Scripture: preparing formation courses on Bible knowledge.
2. - Living the faith in relation to its contents: to know what the sources of our faith are.
3. - Living faith in relation to the mission entrusted by the Lord to the Church: the missionary vocation shared by all believers, in Latin America the Continental Mission is in progress.
4 -. Living faith in relation to charity: our service should be directed to the poor.
5. - Living faith in relation with the liturgy: celebrating faith, the community is united in the Eucharist.
6. - Living faith community in relation to culture: the inculturation of faith.
7. - Living faith in relation to reality: he who believes has to transform the history of pain in the history of salvation.
The bishops conclude by invoking Mary, disciple and missionary as a guide of the country.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides - 12/06/2012)