AMERICA/CHILE - "We need a new pedagogy for evangelism," says the Archbishop of Concepcion
Concepción (Agenzia Fides) - " Dios anda por estos lados, yo lo he visto" is the title of a photo exhibition organized by the Archbishop of Concepción, His Exc. Mgr. Fernando Chomali, which will be presented soon in El Manzano prison. According to what the Archbishop reported to Fides, "it is a great project that aims to convey a new pedagogy for evangelization. Moreover, it also serves to make Jesus TV known, the first virtual channel of the Archdiocese of Concepción (see Fides 28/03/2012). " "In the Church, while maintaining the same message, one must think of new methods of work to adapt to modern times," underlines Mgr. Chomali. "To be understood - continues the Archbishop -today there is need for creativity and boldness. Photography is also a means to communicate the existence and the presence of God who gave us wonderful places to contemplate his work. If properly used, technology is a great tool. My intent is to put the work in the service of evangelization that the Church has entrusted to me in Concepcion," concluded Archbishop Chomali.
- 2013-05-18 AMERICA/CHILE - "Candidates need to impress people with a real project," said the Bishop of Rancagua
- 2013-04-30 AMERICA/CHILE - Family, education, entrepreneurship: Pastoral Letter to the Chilean politicians in view of the presidential elections
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/CHILE - "Family, public education and well-paid job," the concern of the Church
- 2013-04-05 AMERICA/CHILE - Less Catholics in the country, "a fact that cannot leave us indifferent," says the Church
- 2013-03-07 AMERICA/CHILE - Education should become a benefit for everyone is what the Bishop of Rancagua hopes
- 2013-02-26 AMERICA/CHILE - The Community of Santiago greets the first missionary of St. Colombano in Chile
- 2013-01-24 AMERICA/CHILE - "From the heart of Aparecida, to live as missionary disciples": a thousand young people at the First National Congress of Catholic youth
- 2013-01-18 AMERICA/CHILE - "A Problem that affects everyone": meeting of the Justice and Peace Commission for the Mapuche conflict
- 2013-01-10 AMERICA/CHILE - "The situation of indigenous peoples requires the remedy of centuries of marginalization and injustice": Bishops on Mapuche
- 2013-01-09 AMERICA/CHILE - For the Jesuits in the Mapuche Mission "we must resolve long-standing problems for lasting peace"