ASIA/TAIWAN - 60 years of Camillian mission in Taiwan, "so that the sick are assisted with compassion and professionalism"
Tai Pei (Agenzia Fides) - The 60-year mission of the Camillians (Ministers of the Sick) in Taiwan have been fully inspired by the spirituality of St. Camillus de Lellis: so that the sick are cared for with compassion and professionalism. Today the local Church of Taiwan is so grateful towards the missionaries for their service carried out with dedication and competence, and joins in the celebrations for the anniversary, retracing their missionary journey to allow Jesus to be known even more, even in the world of suffering. The weekly magazine of the Archdiocese of Tai Pei, "Catholic Weekly", is publishing a special report in 7 episodes reminiscent of the evangelization of the Camillians in Taiwan. These are the titles of the episodes: the story of Camillians in Taiwan; San Camillo de Lellis, missionary commitment and pastoral care of Camillians, history and prospects of the Hospital Peng Hu and the Hospital Luo Dong; social development of the Camillians; the development of work in the field of education of the Camillians; 60 years of Camillians and 25 years of the Center for the disabled San Camillo de Lellis. The missionaries have always had great recognition by the civil authorities for their commitment and their service. On July 14, the feast of St. Camillus, a series of commemorative celebrations, including a Holy Mass, prayer meetings, publications, exhibitions, etc... will open in Taiwan. The Camillians arrived in China in 1946, invited by the Apostolic Administrator of the Prefecture of Zhaotong (in the region of Yunnan), the Salesian Mgr. Joseph Kerec. In 1952 the Camillian missionaries were forced to leave the continent, like all foreign missionaries, and then moved to Taiwan, where they began to work among the poorest and indigenous people, opening the first health facilities, while remaining faithful to the spirituality St. Camillus de Lellis. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 01/06/2012)
- 2015-01-29 - X Congress of the Word of God in Chinese
- 2014-10-10 - Asia-Pacific Congress: "As a Church, we cannot remain silent witnesses of the conditions of migrants and their families"
- 2014-09-12 - The first church in China dedicated to Saint John Paul II has been consecrated
- 2013-04-18 - The local Church wonders about faith and evangelization
- 2013-03-11 - The Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese of Tai Chung accompanies the young people’s spiritual journey of Lent
- 2013-03-01 - Faith, Creed and Evangelization: theme of fraternity and communion of priests, men and women religious and consecrated laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-02-13 - The National Council of Churches promotes campaigns to raise awareness in society
- 2013-01-31 - "A hot winter" Chinese New Year full of love also for the most vulnerable
- 2013-01-24 - Missionary mandate to the new members of the Apostolate of the Laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-01-22 - The Bishops of Taiwan practice the use of the mass media and public relations management