AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Meeting of Families in Milan: Bolivia present, with a NO to gay couples
Santa Cruz (Agenzia Fides) - Before leaving for Milan (Italy) headquarters of the Seventh International Meeting of Families, His Exc. Mgr. Fernando Bascopé, Auxiliary Bishop of El Alto, said that for the four Bolivian couples who will participate with him at the event, the meeting "will be an opportunity to renew our commitment to the pastoral care of families and respond to the Lord who calls to live in the family communion and in the community."
For Mgr. Bascopé the mission is clear: to represent Bolivia and bring the message of the Holy Father to prepare the national meeting of the families scheduled for October in Sucre, Bolivia. "The couples who travel to Milan are happy and encouraged to attend this event as representatives of all families in Bolivia; we must listen, share and work in communion to bring a message for the national meeting in October."
Bolivia is experiencing a climate of tension on the theme of marriage and the family for the bill in favor of the union of homosexual couples. A few days ago the Bolivian Episcopal Conference (CEB), Monsignor Oscar Aparicio presented the statement of the CEB regarding the draft law on "Union of cohabitation between same-sex" with these words: "We express our rejection because we consider the bill a serious threat to the family. " And then he added: "Looking at nature and human behavior one can deduce that marriage is a unique relationship between a man and a woman, no other human relationship can demand the riches of sexual complementarity, mutual love between the spouses and procreation of children, " said the Bishop. Mgr. Aparicio, lauched an appeal to Bolivians to defend the principles and values of marriage and the family as an institution of harmonious coexistence, through the procreation and education of children, which promotes true human happiness, and contributes to stability and continuity of society. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 30/5/2012)
- 2013-04-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Theft in the churches: Cardinal Terrazas responds to Morales
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - A happy world for street children
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Church in the TIPNIS, "a missionary presence committed to human promotion"
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Domestic violence for almost 83% of children in the country
- 2013-04-11 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "A missionary Church always communicates the truth": 95th Assembly of Bishops
- 2013-01-18 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The first indigenous Bishop consecrated in Santa Cruz: a man born, raised and formed in this land
- 2013-01-09 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Clarification on the properties of the Apostolic Vicariate of Beni in TIPNIS
- 2012-12-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Irregularities in the consultation of the Tipnis have been found
- 2012-11-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Even the Catholic Church in the Inter-institutional Committee to prepare a report on the TIPNIS
- 2012-11-27 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Malnutrition and lack of health care and hygiene for children who live with their parents in prisons