ASIA/VIETNAM-A Jesuit: "Education and the fight against corruption, priorities for the country"
Ho Chi Minh City (Agenzia Fides) - The government should focus on education in the coming years, on the fight against corruption, on a legislative reform and on the protection of ethnic minorities and environment: So says the Jesuit Fr. Anthony Ba, SJ, in service at the study Center "Alberto Hurtado" of the Society of Jesus in Ho Chi Minh City. The Centre offers analysis at a political, economic, sociological, technological, legal and environmental level.
According to a study prepared by Fr. Anthony Ba and sent to Fides Agency, Vietnam, thanks to a strategic development plan, has achieved some important goals, but still many difficulties and challenges remain. The priorities at a social level in Vietnam are education, the use of human resources and employment, the difficulties of ethnic minority groups, immigration issues, as well as issues related to the presence of Catholicism, live ferment in the Vietnamese society.
In the educational field, the Catholic community hopes to soon have the opportunity to more effort, setting up schools and universities, to contribute significantly to the development of the country. Also because education is one of the key sectors for the future of young generations.
Fr Ba said: "There are some major issues that the government should face in the coming years: first of all the education reform and the fight against corruption, in particular by promoting fiscal transparency and public availability of economic data and information. Then there is the reform of state sectors, reducing the gap between the main ethnic group and ethnic minority groups, the improvement of environmental conditions." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 24/5/2012)
- 2013-04-24 ASIA/VIETNAM - New project for 2000 children at the National Hospital for Pediatrics in Hanoi
- 2013-04-11 ASIA/VIET NAM - Christian leader who died in prison: a victim of beatings, the faithful do not believe in suicide
- 2013-01-29 ASIA/VIETNAM - Prayer and medical assistance for pilgrims visiting the relic of St. Camillus
- 2012-11-22 ASIA/VIETNAM - In the Year of Faith, mission among the last: a new hospital for lepers
- 2012-10-26 ASIA/VIETNAM - Mission and dialogue in the Year of Faith
- 2012-10-05 ASIA/VIETNAM - Lack of funds increases fears of a further spread of malaria
- 2012-07-09 ASIA/VIETNAM - Appeal of the Catholic media: "Stop the violence of the Government on the Catholics of Vinh"
- 2012-05-28 ASIA/VIETNAM - Jesuit vocations flourish
- 2012-05-24 VIETNAM - 4 Catholic students in prison "subversives": they were promoting religious freedom and protection of life
- 2012-05-24 ASIA/VIETNAM-A Jesuit: "Education and the fight against corruption, priorities for the country"