AFRICA/TANZANIA - Heavy rain in the region of Kagera; at least 60 families left without homes
Bukoba (Agenzia Fides) – After 4 consecutive days of uninterrupted rain, at least 60 families in Kagondo, in the district of Muleba, have been left without their homes. The houses have been destroyed by the flooding, the worst in the last 50 years. Some of these families have been temporary accommodated in the school buildings. Fortunately there have been no victims and they are not deprived of help, including food and clothes. The residents of the region of Kagera had been alerted of the forthcoming heavy rains. Kagera is noted as one of the most seriously hit regions by the phenomenon, as well as Mwanza, Kigoma, Kilimanjaro, Morogoro, Pemba, Unguja and Tanga. According to the experts these atmospheric disturbances were caused by the increase of low pressure over the Indian Ocean. (AP)
(16/5/2012 Agenzia Fides)
- 2013-05-22 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "The Church is object of persecution but the government does not intervene"
- 2013-05-10 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "Ban on religious hate speech" interfaith commitment after the attack in Arusha
- 2013-05-07 AFRICA/TANZANIA – Attack in Arusha: the testimony of the Apostolic Nuncio to Fides
- 2013-05-06 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "Let us wait to have more information before speaking out about the attack in Arusha"
- 2013-02-26 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Music to promote tolerance, but Christians feel under fire
- 2013-02-20 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Today funeral of Catholic priest killed last Sunday
- 2013-02-18 ARICA/TANZANIA - Islamist extremist groups warn Christians: “The coming Easter will be one of disaster”
- 2013-01-03 AFRICA/TANZANIA -The priest’s health condition, who was injured at Christmas on the island of Zanzibar, is improving
- 2012-10-26 AFRICA/TANZANIA - The Government is doing everything possible to maintain peaceful coexistence between religions
- 2012-09-11 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Today the 1st Integrated Meeting for the Pastoral Care of the Road/Street for the Continent of Africa and Madagascar