AFRICA/TANZANIA - Heavy rain in the region of Kagera; at least 60 families left without homes
Bukoba (Agenzia Fides) – After 4 consecutive days of uninterrupted rain, at least 60 families in Kagondo, in the district of Muleba, have been left without their homes. The houses have been destroyed by the flooding, the worst in the last 50 years. Some of these families have been temporary accommodated in the school buildings. Fortunately there have been no victims and they are not deprived of help, including food and clothes. The residents of the region of Kagera had been alerted of the forthcoming heavy rains. Kagera is noted as one of the most seriously hit regions by the phenomenon, as well as Mwanza, Kigoma, Kilimanjaro, Morogoro, Pemba, Unguja and Tanga. According to the experts these atmospheric disturbances were caused by the increase of low pressure over the Indian Ocean. (AP)
(16/5/2012 Agenzia Fides)
- 2014-02-28 AFRICA/TANZANIA – Zanzibar police says “no religious motives behind bomb blasts”
- 2014-02-12 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Test HIV/AIDS and free antiretroviral in the Diocese of Shinyanga
- 2013-09-18 AFRICA/TANZANIA - The conditions of the priest attacked with acid remain serious. "Why is the Church attacked?" asks the Bishop
- 2013-09-16 AFRICA/TANZANIA - The priest attacked with acid in Zanzibar transferred to Dar es Salaam
- 2013-09-03 AFRICA/TANZANIA - The Country commits itself to prohibiting child labor in gold mines
- 2013-05-22 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "The Church is object of persecution but the government does not intervene"
- 2013-05-10 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "Ban on religious hate speech" interfaith commitment after the attack in Arusha
- 2013-05-07 AFRICA/TANZANIA – Attack in Arusha: the testimony of the Apostolic Nuncio to Fides
- 2013-05-06 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "Let us wait to have more information before speaking out about the attack in Arusha"
- 2013-02-26 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Music to promote tolerance, but Christians feel under fire