AMERICA/HAITI - After more than 2 years since the earthquake, seminarians still study in tents
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - For Father Clark de la Cruz, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Haiti, the biggest concern right now is caused by the Seminary, because after the earthquake, in January 2010, "the seminarians are still in tents. "Father de la Cruz, who is attending the Annual General Meeting of the PMS, being held in Rome, said to Fides that "the key word is 'still', because all over the world one cannot understand what it means to study in tents, live in tents, with all the problems due to climate and the lack of essential things in order to study or implement a formation program." "Many have helped us - continues the priest - but now there are is no more aid, many things are lacking, and it is really surprising to see how seminarians are able to move forward in their formation."
Among the organizations that bring hope to the Christian people of Haiti, so sorely tried, Father Clark de la Cruz mentions "the commitment of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood, which are numerous in almost every parish, and are preparing next year’s National Congress of Missionary Childhood with much enthusiasm, already more than a thousand children have registered, a great event for the Church in Haiti."
Father Clark also recalls the material produced for the preparation of World Mission Day, which this year has the slogan "Children, all united to make the earth a party" (Enfants, unissons-nous pour faire de la terre une fete!). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/5/2012)
- 2013-04-29 AMERICA/HAITI - Vaccination campaign against deadly childhood diseases
- 2013-04-26 AMERICA/HAITI - A missionary killed in the capital of Haiti
- 2013-01-16 AMERICA/HAITI - 3 years after the earthquake, the Redemptorist reorganize Popular Missions
- 2012-12-07 AMERICA/HAITI - Microcredit for Haitian women in difficulty, but creative and tenacious
- 2012-11-12 AMERICA/HAITI - More tragedy for the people of Haiti: New floods cause death and devastation
- 2012-10-29 AMERICA/HAITI - Pope's appeal for the hurricane: 51 deaths in Haiti and devastation in the Caribbean
- 2012-10-15 AMERICA/HAITI - A record for a new generation of Haitians
- 2012-10-09 AMERICA/HAITI - Signs of recovery while the population is still in crisis: schools reopened
- 2012-10-04 AMERICA/HAITI - UN Report: 400,000 earthquake victims still in tents
- 2012-09-10 AMERICA/HAITI - Appeal of SJRM: the government has to assume an active role in the reconstruction and the international community has to keep its promises