AMERICA/MEXICO - Even the priest seriously stabbed last week is still in critical condition, violence increases in the area
Culiacan (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of the Diocese of Culiacan Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Jonás Guerrero Corona, has again deplored in an interview with journalists, the fatal attack suffered by Mgr. Simon Garcia Casas, parish priest of Cristo Resucitado, wounded with seven stabs from a stranger who had entered the church on April 26. "It is sad and deplorable when, with these actions, man turns away from God, especially by using violence," said Monsignor Guerrero after being informed about Mgr. Garcias Casas’ health: His situation is serious but not life threatening. Despite the aggression and the surgery immediately after the incident, Mgr.Garcia Casas is still under observation in the hospital in the area. The Prosecutor of Justice coordinates the investigation with the Police to search for the killer, but still no news. The reasons of the attack are not clear, however, in the area of Sinaloa, where the parish is situated, cases of crime with the use of violence increases. According to data collected by Fides, the local press reports that in April alone, 143 people were killed, and 511 since the beginning of 2012. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/05/2012)
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations