AMERICA/MEXICO - Even the priest seriously stabbed last week is still in critical condition, violence increases in the area
Culiacan (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of the Diocese of Culiacan Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Jonás Guerrero Corona, has again deplored in an interview with journalists, the fatal attack suffered by Mgr. Simon Garcia Casas, parish priest of Cristo Resucitado, wounded with seven stabs from a stranger who had entered the church on April 26. "It is sad and deplorable when, with these actions, man turns away from God, especially by using violence," said Monsignor Guerrero after being informed about Mgr. Garcias Casas’ health: His situation is serious but not life threatening. Despite the aggression and the surgery immediately after the incident, Mgr.Garcia Casas is still under observation in the hospital in the area. The Prosecutor of Justice coordinates the investigation with the Police to search for the killer, but still no news. The reasons of the attack are not clear, however, in the area of Sinaloa, where the parish is situated, cases of crime with the use of violence increases. According to data collected by Fides, the local press reports that in April alone, 143 people were killed, and 511 since the beginning of 2012. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/05/2012)
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language