AMERICA/PERU-Caritas Peru will help over 5 thousand people with the promotion of local products
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Caritas Peru has signed a cooperation agreement with the company "Sierra Exportadora" to enhance and better commercialize the production of the inhabitants of the Peruvian highlands. The agreement was signed by Mgr. Richard Alarcón Urrutia, Bishop of Tarma, President of Caritas Peru, Jorge Lafosse, Secretary General of Caritas Peru, and Alfonso Velásquez Tuesta, President of Sierra Exportadora.
Thanks to this agreement, the production of cheese prepared in the Andes is expected to double. This will help bring the current production levels to reach in less than a year, about 50 tons of cheese. About five thousand people, producers of milk and dairy products in the Andean region will benefit from this, particularly those living on the plateau of Puno (south east of Peru). This is the first result of some common actions that the two institutions have carried out in order to develop proposals to improve the quality of life of the people involved. Other future projects are in the field of tourism and agriculture. At the end of the note sent to Fides reads that Mgr. Richard Alarcón Urrutia expressed appreciation for this joint work, because in this way "one helps to build a more humane and brotherly country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 23/04/2012)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking