AMERICA/PERU-Caritas Peru will help over 5 thousand people with the promotion of local products
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Caritas Peru has signed a cooperation agreement with the company "Sierra Exportadora" to enhance and better commercialize the production of the inhabitants of the Peruvian highlands. The agreement was signed by Mgr. Richard Alarcón Urrutia, Bishop of Tarma, President of Caritas Peru, Jorge Lafosse, Secretary General of Caritas Peru, and Alfonso Velásquez Tuesta, President of Sierra Exportadora.
Thanks to this agreement, the production of cheese prepared in the Andes is expected to double. This will help bring the current production levels to reach in less than a year, about 50 tons of cheese. About five thousand people, producers of milk and dairy products in the Andean region will benefit from this, particularly those living on the plateau of Puno (south east of Peru). This is the first result of some common actions that the two institutions have carried out in order to develop proposals to improve the quality of life of the people involved. Other future projects are in the field of tourism and agriculture. At the end of the note sent to Fides reads that Mgr. Richard Alarcón Urrutia expressed appreciation for this joint work, because in this way "one helps to build a more humane and brotherly country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 23/04/2012)
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures
- 2014-03-07 - The Church denounces the alarming pollution of the Peruvian forest
- 2014-02-27 - “Ninos de plomo” Children of Lead: education programme for mineral contaminated minors
- 2014-02-19 - "For a participated and technical debate": the Bishops on the university law
- 2014-01-28 - Dispute between Peru and Chile: an example of how to resolve differences in a peaceful manner
- 2014-01-21 - In prayer for harmony among the peoples, pending the judgment of the Hague
- 2014-01-20 - The Bishops gathered in Plenary Assembly
- 2014-01-14 - "Without communication, there are no rights"