AMERICA/PERU-Caritas Peru will help over 5 thousand people with the promotion of local products
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Caritas Peru has signed a cooperation agreement with the company "Sierra Exportadora" to enhance and better commercialize the production of the inhabitants of the Peruvian highlands. The agreement was signed by Mgr. Richard Alarcón Urrutia, Bishop of Tarma, President of Caritas Peru, Jorge Lafosse, Secretary General of Caritas Peru, and Alfonso Velásquez Tuesta, President of Sierra Exportadora.
Thanks to this agreement, the production of cheese prepared in the Andes is expected to double. This will help bring the current production levels to reach in less than a year, about 50 tons of cheese. About five thousand people, producers of milk and dairy products in the Andean region will benefit from this, particularly those living on the plateau of Puno (south east of Peru). This is the first result of some common actions that the two institutions have carried out in order to develop proposals to improve the quality of life of the people involved. Other future projects are in the field of tourism and agriculture. At the end of the note sent to Fides reads that Mgr. Richard Alarcón Urrutia expressed appreciation for this joint work, because in this way "one helps to build a more humane and brotherly country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 23/04/2012)
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today