AMERICA/ECUADOR - Year of Faith and Permanent Mission, the main themes of the Episcopate Assembly
Quito (Agenzia Fides) – The CXXXI Plenary Assembly of Bishops of Ecuador is still in progress, this time the main themes are the Year of Faith and the Permanent Mission of the Church in Ecuador. The meeting began yesterday, Monday, April 16, at the Center of the Bethania social formation, with the celebration of the Vespers presided by His Exc. Mgr. Fausto Gabriel Travez Travez, Archbishop of Quito. Today, Tuesday, April 17, the Assembly will begin with the celebration of the Holy Mass celebrated by His Exc. Mgr. Antonio Arregui Yarza, Archbishop of Guayaquil and President of the Episcopal Conference of Ecuador (CEE). Immediately after there will be the opening session with the report of the President of the CEE. In the program of this Plenary Assembly, the relationship of the Episcopal Commissions, the preparation of the Jubilee Year Ecuador-Monaco of Bavaria, the International Eucharistic Congress, the XXIII World Congress of the Apostleship of the Sea, the commemoration of 25 years since the death as a martyr of Mgr. Alejandro Labaka, and the Renewal of the Consecration of Ecuador to the Sacred Heart of Jesus is scheduled, for Thursday 19. The plenary Assembly will end on Friday, April 20 with a press conference. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/4/2012)
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The first Holy Colombian, big feast also in the Ande of Ecuador
- 2013-04-27 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Clashes amaong Indians and exploitation of the earth: for the Bishops it is "a conflict due to indifference"
- 2013-04-27 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The Church defends the Amazon environment, threatened by the interests of market
- 2013-04-09 AMERICA/ECUADOR - "A provocation to divide the community," the Archbishop denounces the protests of Evangelicals
- 2013-01-15 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The Bishops for the presidential elections, "the Christian should not adhere to ideological systems that oppose to the faith he professes"
- 2012-12-17 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The phenomenon of child labor spreads: in the streets, factories, fields
- 2012-11-16 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Controversy over a provision that hurts the religious sensibility of the sick
- 2012-11-12 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Assembly of the Missionaries: to strengthen faith for the Permanent Mission and contribute to a New Evangelization.
- 2012-10-31 AMERICA/ECUADOR - "Close stories to be listened far away": contest to promote radio stations
- 2012-10-26 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Ecuador in celebration for the beatification of the Missionary Sister, Mary Troncatti