ASIA/CHINA - Academic exchange in Si Chuan between the Major Seminary and the Institute for Religious Research at the State University
Cheng Du (Agenzia Fides) - An academic exchange between the Major Seminary of the Province of Si Chuan and the Institute for Religious Research at the State University of Si Chuan was held on April 12 at the headquarters of the Catholic Seminary. According to what was reported to Fides by Faith of He Bei, the Vice-rector and some Seminary priests presented five students of the Centre for the Study of Christianity of the Institute for Religious Research at the State University of Si Chuan, the history, the current situation and prospects of the Seminary. Later the scholars on both sides analyzed and compared the Chinese and international Biblical study, from the religious and academic perspective; the development of the Seminary; the Church's participation in public and social life. Finally all were convinced that this type of exchange is an aid to mutual understanding between the Church and society.
The Major Seminary of the Province of Si Chuan, founded in March l984, actually deals with the vocational formation of three south-western Chinese provinces: Si Chuan, Yun Nan and Gui Zhou. Throughout its history it has had Monsignor Matthias Duan Yin Min, Bishop of Xian Wan as was one of the Rectors, who was also the last Chinese Bishop named by Pope Pius XII, and was invited by Pope John Paul II to the Asian Synod in 1998. Until July 2010, the seminary formed more than 130 priests. Today there are 49 seminarians studying and thirty priests and teachers involved in the teaching and administration. The course of study is 6 years: two years of philosophy and four years of theology, with 32 subjects: besides the classical philosophical and theological issues, future priests also attend lectures on psychology, public relations, Christianity and Chinese culture, presentation of Confucianism, Daoism and Islam ... (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 17/4/2012)
- 2013-12-11 ASIA/CHINA - Celebration of the Immaculate Conception in all Chinese Catholic communities
- 2013-11-25 ASIA/CHINA - The Sisters of the Diocese of Su Zhou end the Year of Faith with a pilgrimage
- 2013-11-21 ASIA/CHINA - Course on faith formation for 90 catechists of Si Chuan province
- 2013-11-18 ASIA/CHINA - Closing of the Year of Faith in the diocese of Yi Bin with a commitment to continue to spread Lumen Fidei
- 2013-11-13 ASIA/CHINA - Mourning in the Episcopate
- 2013-11-08 ASIA/CHINA – To leave the congregation to go to the suburbs: bicycle pilgrimage for 37 nuns
- 2013-11-06 ASIA/CHINA - "Special" pilgrims in the parish of Yi Xing Fu
- 2013-10-31 ASIA/CHINA - Faith and service to people with mental disabilities: a parallel and complementary path for Huiling
- 2013-10-24 ASIA/CHINA - "Let us run for the poor" at the Beijing Marathon 2013
- 2013-10-10 ASIA/CHINA - "Faith is the happiness that God has given us"