AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - Even Sol Mansi, the Catholic radio station in Bissau, among the broadcasting stations blocked by the military junta
Bissau (Agenzia Fides) – Even Radio Sol Mansi, the Catholic radio station in Guinea Bissau, is among the broadcasting stations blocked by the military junta that took power with the coup on April 13. The is reported to Fides sources by Radio Sol Mansi, which state: "The military had allowed the resumption of private radio stations broadcast only for a few hours, then they prohibited again."
There is a stiffening of the position of the military coup, in front of the international reaction. "Land, sea and air borders are closed again as a reaction to the decision of Portugal (the former colonial power) to send some warships in the area as a precautionary measure to evacuate their citizens," the sources told Fides.
Meanwhile, the coup junta has announced the dissolution of all the institutions and the creation of a National Transitional Council (NTC), for which formation is under way today, for talks with political parties. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 16/4/2012)
- 2012-12-28 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - Rediscovering our faith and witnessing it in society: letter from the Bishop of Bissau
- 2012-11-14 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - Cholera outbreak: lack of health facilities and functional water systems
- 2012-10-22 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - Allegations to Portugal for the assault against the barracks, so "the isolation of the Country accentuates"
- 2012-10-02 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - October 13 - opening of the Year of Faith; "Maria, increase our faith" theme of the 8 December pilgrimage
- 2012-09-24 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - Bishop of Bissau's appeal: "we urgently need medicines for tuberculosis and AIDS"
- 2012-08-27 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - Missionary experience of the Youth Movement to Build
- 2012-05-18 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - The first soldiers of the CEDEAO have arrived , expectation for the formation of the transition government
- 2012-05-14 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - The Lusophone Countries do not accept the agreement between the coup leaders and the West African States
- 2012-05-09 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - The Church continues to invest in young people, hope for a better future
- 2012-05-08 AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - Situation blocked, while the international community studies sanctions against coup plotters