AMERICA/MEXICO - Birth of a phone line to assist Mexican children in difficulty
Toluca (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in all its forms is a daily problem for Mexican children, we are dealing with a silent plague, which very few tmes is reported and therefore there are no certain figures. To address this problem, the civil association Nuestro Hogar Mexico (ANAR), has promoted a phone line, free and confidential to give support to children who are in risky situations, to offer them psychological, social and legal support. The Teléfono ANAR México 01800 911-1119, aims to provide professional, social and legal counseling for children who need it. The phenomenon is so widespread that in Mexico the National System for the Integral Development of the Family, estimated, between 2000 and 2004, an annual average of 31 000 cases of child maltreatment. According to UNICEF, around the world every year 275 million girls and boys are victims of family violence. Faced with this reality, ANAR was born in 1996, with the aim to assist children at risk. The Association is currently present in Spain, Colombia and Peru. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 12/4/2012)
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root