AMERICA/MEXICO - Birth of a phone line to assist Mexican children in difficulty
Toluca (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in all its forms is a daily problem for Mexican children, we are dealing with a silent plague, which very few tmes is reported and therefore there are no certain figures. To address this problem, the civil association Nuestro Hogar Mexico (ANAR), has promoted a phone line, free and confidential to give support to children who are in risky situations, to offer them psychological, social and legal support. The Teléfono ANAR México 01800 911-1119, aims to provide professional, social and legal counseling for children who need it. The phenomenon is so widespread that in Mexico the National System for the Integral Development of the Family, estimated, between 2000 and 2004, an annual average of 31 000 cases of child maltreatment. According to UNICEF, around the world every year 275 million girls and boys are victims of family violence. Faced with this reality, ANAR was born in 1996, with the aim to assist children at risk. The Association is currently present in Spain, Colombia and Peru. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 12/4/2012)
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus