AMERICA/URUGUAY - Bishops meet in plenary Assembly: among the main themes: the Year of Faith and the Synod
Florida (Agenzia Fides) - The Plenary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Uruguay begins today, April 11, in Florida. According to information Fides received by the Episcopal Conference, the work will begin with a half-day retreat, led by His Exc. Mgr. Roberto Caceres, Bishop Emeritus of Melo, who this year celebrates his golden anniversary of episcopate. The visit of the Apostolic Nuncio, His Exc. Mgr. Anselmo Guido Pecorari, and presentation of reports and proposals from the various departments and commissions of the Episcopal Conference are also scheduled.
Among the issues that will arouse the attention of the Bishops is the Year of Faith, which begins on October 11th, and the Synod of Bishops, which will be celebrated at the Vatican in the same month of October with the theme on the New Evangelization. During the Assembly, the Episcopal Conference will prepare the Year of Faith program and will also deal with contributions that will be presented at the Synod by the delegate of the Church of Uruguay, His Exc. Mgr. Milton Troccoli, Auxiliary Bishop of Montevideo. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 11/4/2012)
- 2013-12-19 - Over 13 thousand signatures in favor of clean environment
- 2013-12-13 - The legalization of marijuana will destroy family
- 2013-10-07 - The family at the center of missionary October
- 2013-07-02 - New educational center for the prevention of child labor
- 2013-06-21 - Invitation of the Church: a vote for a referendum against abortion
- 2013-02-23 - Social inclusion and “unity in diversity”: a challenge for the Church
- 2012-11-30 - Child labor and gender discrimination for Afro-Uruguayan children
- 2012-10-23 - Popular support for the Commission "For Life and Water" in Tacuarembó increases
- 2012-10-18 - "No violence is justified under any circumstances," the Archdiocese after the violence in the Marconi barrio of the capital
- 2012-09-27 - A Bishop joins the "Commission for Life and water"