AMERICA/PERU - To guide and protect the poor children of Abancay, giving them the human dignity
Abancay (Agenzia Fides) - Children's Abancay has recently been presented, a non-profit association destined to guide and protect children in the city of Abancay, state capital of Apurimac, Peru. The Congregation of the Daughters of Divine Providence, on-site since 1964, are committed to the protection of children, mostly orphans, providing them with shelter, affection and support, with the aim of giving them one day their dignity as human beings. Between Abancay and the Diocese of Tui-Vigo, suffragan of the Archdiocese of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, there is a link and a very deep collaboration. In the eighties Spanish priests arrived, who collaborated in order for the the poorest of the poor to live a dignified life. "Sometimes we think that poverty relates only to hunger, cold and to be without a home. The greatest poverty is not to feel desired, loved and protected", is what Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta usually said, and this is the message that inspires the work of Spanish nuns and priests who have been working in Abancay for a long time. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/04/2012)
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth