AMERICA/PERU - To guide and protect the poor children of Abancay, giving them the human dignity
Abancay (Agenzia Fides) - Children's Abancay has recently been presented, a non-profit association destined to guide and protect children in the city of Abancay, state capital of Apurimac, Peru. The Congregation of the Daughters of Divine Providence, on-site since 1964, are committed to the protection of children, mostly orphans, providing them with shelter, affection and support, with the aim of giving them one day their dignity as human beings. Between Abancay and the Diocese of Tui-Vigo, suffragan of the Archdiocese of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, there is a link and a very deep collaboration. In the eighties Spanish priests arrived, who collaborated in order for the the poorest of the poor to live a dignified life. "Sometimes we think that poverty relates only to hunger, cold and to be without a home. The greatest poverty is not to feel desired, loved and protected", is what Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta usually said, and this is the message that inspires the work of Spanish nuns and priests who have been working in Abancay for a long time. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/04/2012)
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures