AMERICA/PERU - To guide and protect the poor children of Abancay, giving them the human dignity
Abancay (Agenzia Fides) - Children's Abancay has recently been presented, a non-profit association destined to guide and protect children in the city of Abancay, state capital of Apurimac, Peru. The Congregation of the Daughters of Divine Providence, on-site since 1964, are committed to the protection of children, mostly orphans, providing them with shelter, affection and support, with the aim of giving them one day their dignity as human beings. Between Abancay and the Diocese of Tui-Vigo, suffragan of the Archdiocese of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, there is a link and a very deep collaboration. In the eighties Spanish priests arrived, who collaborated in order for the the poorest of the poor to live a dignified life. "Sometimes we think that poverty relates only to hunger, cold and to be without a home. The greatest poverty is not to feel desired, loved and protected", is what Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta usually said, and this is the message that inspires the work of Spanish nuns and priests who have been working in Abancay for a long time. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/04/2012)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking