AMERICA/BRAZIL - To awaken with major ardor the missionary task: all communities prepare the third National Missionary Congress
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The main activity that involves the Pontifical Mission of Brazil in this period is the preparation of the third National Missionary Congress, on the theme: "Missionary discipleship in Brazil for a secular and multicultural world in the light of the II Vatican Council", to be held from July 12 to 15 in Palmas (TO). "This is an event that aims to enliven the missionary dimension of our Church", the statement said, signed by the PMS National Director of Brazil, Father Camilo Pauletti, sent to Fides. This event is part of the preparation for the big event of the Fourth American Missionary Congress (CAM 4 - COMLA 9), scheduled for 2013 in Venezuela.
This year, the Pope convened the Synod of Bishops, announced the Year of Faith and the commemoration of 50 years of the II Vatican Council. "These are the reasons that lead us to awaken with major ardor our missionary efforts. We want to involve all forces in our communities. So we try to promote our National Missionary Congress, in harmony among ourselves and in communion with the communities" the statement said. The working Document can already be found and downloaded from the Brazilian PMS website: it contains important reflections that invite you to review the documents related to the mission.
"It is important to support the Missionary Councils at various levels, groups of children and Missionary adolescents, Youth Mission, popular missions, groups of missionary animation and pre-Congress meetings, as well as conferences, seminars and meetings in preparation for the National Missionary Congress", concludes the note of the PMS. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/04/2012)
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"