AMERICA/CUBA - Cuban Catholics are ready to welcome Pope Benedict, "Pilgrim of Love"
Havana (Agenzia Fides) – We have received the testimony of the preparation of Pope Benedict’s arrival to Cuba for his pastoral visit from several parishes. Father Raul tells Fides how they have prepared the Christians of the island. Many pastoral workers went from door to door delivering missionary leaflets with a catechesis explaining who the Pope is and the meaning of this "Pilgrim of Love" to Cuba. Many families attached a poster of "Welcome to the Pope" on the door of their house, thus manifesting their joy.
The youth pastoral invited several groups of young people from parishes to meetings at a city level, in public squares and parks, where conferences were held, prayers, songs and movies shown in order to get the young as interested as possible in the Pope’s visit.
"We received confirmation of pilgrims who arrived from the furthest dioceses of the island to attend the Holy Father’s Mass, such as the Diocese of Ciego de Avila and Guantanamo. They will be in Santiago de Cuba to celebrate the "Pilgrim of Love" said Fr. Raul.
"I personally know the group of young people, that due to the great problems of public transport, left two days ago from the rural parishes of the Diocese of Santa Clara in order to arrive in time to Santiago de Cuba and to welcome Pope Benedict", says Fr. Raul. "Throughout the country this joy of waiting for the Pastor to confirm our faith is lived", says Fr. Raul Rodriguez. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/3/2012)
- 2015-03-26 - Cardinal Ortega: "dialogue, the new name of love"
- 2015-03-11 - A new church will be built in Cuba, the first since 1959
- 2015-03-09 - Conclusions of the XI Meeting of the National Directors of the PMS of America
- 2015-03-04 - Nearly half a million children will be vaccinated against polio
- 2015-03-03 - AMERICA/CUBA – Towards CAM 5: Continental Meeting of the PMS America
- 2015-02-19 - First steps in process to re-establish USA Cuba relations
- 2014-12-18 - "New horizons of hope brighten the lives of the Cuban people", says the Bishops' Conference
- 2014-11-13 - Poverty forces children to beg in the streets and work
- 2014-09-12 - Pastoral Plan 2014-2020: Christian Communities called to a “missionary option”
- 2014-01-17 - Cooperation projects in a different Cuba