ASIA/HONG KONG - The gratitude of the diocese of Hong Kong for the Poor Clares, who arrived in 2000
Hong Kong (Agenzia Fides) - The immense gratitude of the diocese of Hong Kong for the Poor Sisters of St. Clare (known as the Poor Clares, OSC) who celebrate 800 years of foundation, was expressed by Cardinal John Tong, Bishop of Hong Kong , during the solemn Eucharistic celebration, which he presided on March 18 in the chapel of the monastery. According to reports from the Kong Ko Bao (Chinese version of the diocesan bulletin), Fr. Joseph Ha, Hong Kong regional Superior of the Minor Friars (OFM), concelebrated with the Cardinal, in the presence of more than 200 faithful. "Since I arrived in Hong Kong, September 20, 2000, the Poor Clares lead their lives of prayer and worship 24 hours a day- said the Cardinal -. Today I invite them to continue this contemplative life, because they can be a good example for others, getting closer to Jesus. So there will be more faithful to love Jesus present in the Eucharist ... especially in a city like Hong Kong which is too focused on money and on the material aspect. "Finally, the Poor Clares shared with the faithful present their experience of cloistered life and spirit of their founder, St. Clare, stressing the principle that prayer "should be like breathing" and the importance of the contemplative life for today's world .
The Congregation of the Poor Sisters of St. Clare of Assisi (Clare, OSC) which celebrates the Eighth Centenary, was born on March 18, 1212 and arrived in Hong Kong on September 20, 2000. The communities of contemplative life, has 7 sisters and 3 novices, in addition to prayer and worship 24 hours a day, it also offers opportunities for spirituality and prayer for the faithful laity. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 23/3/2012)
- 2015-11-21 - Academic Seminar on the integration of the catholic Church in China with the society
- 2015-05-29 - First Congress of lay missionaries: "The Church in Asia: from conversion to evangelization"
- 2015-02-09 - The preciousness of consecrated life: three days of celebrations
- 2014-12-06 - Show everyone “the joy of consecrated life”, use Facebook to foster vocations
- 2014-11-12 - Pilgrims in Yim Tin Tsai recall St. Joseph Freinademetz
- 2013-06-10 - Dialogue and charity for a new society: Card. Sarah for the 60 years of Caritas
- 2013-03-08 - Cardinal John Tong encourages catechumens to participate actively in evangelization
- 2013-02-22 - Pilgrimage with relics of St Vincent de Paul
- 2013-02-19 - Church in perfect harmony with the Pope’s Message for World Communications Day
- 2013-02-15 - "From Sacred Scripture to Jesus Christ": Pastoral Letter for Lent